My hubby and I went to Montreal to celebrate our anniversary. The Place D'Armes was the perfect location. Walk out the front door and you are steps from the historic touristy part of town, turn the other direction and you are steps from a Metro stop which will connect you to the rest of the city. There are literally hundreds of restaurants within an easy stroll. We had the valet take our car when we arrived and did not use it again until it was time to leave 5 days later. The only possible complaint about the location was that it was not obvious where to stop to check in and unload the car (no portico or offstreet space), we had to circle the neighborhood several times to find a curbside spot to unload the car in the dark and rain.
The service was efficient, check-in and checkout were a breeze. Everyone was bilingual which was very nice. The rooms were good sized with a king bed, a small table with two dining chairs and a desk. The bathroom had a rain style shower head and a regular one. We both liked the minty bath supplies.
There are two restaurants attached to the hotel, we did not eat at the Japanese one but the regular one was awesome. I think that was the best dinner we had the entire time we were in Montreal. They did have a cold breakfast buffet which was fine but definitely not outstanding (cereal, pastries, yogurt and fruit). They also had a full menu at breakfast which you could order eggs and other hot food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Place d'Armes features 80 rooms and 53 suites, including six studios with private terrace and five large penthouses where the decor blends contemporary design with ancient architecture. The three historic buildings housing Le Place d'Armes Hotel & Suites all date back to the late 19th century. These regal structures were originally home to some of the pre-eminent businesses of the time, and their architecture recalls an era devoted to unmatched craftsmanship and detail. Hotel Features: - 6 meeting rooms and a modular ballroom that can accommodate up to 350 people, with natural light, stone or brick walls and equipped with comfortable furniture - 2 restaurants and a spa - Rooftop Terrace ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TravelClick, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Place d'Armes Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Place d`Armes Hotel And Suites
- Le Place d`Armes Hotel Montreal
- Le Place d Armes Montreal