“Great Hotel and service”

Hotel Place d'Armes
Ranked #7 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I simply loved this hotel. It was modern, simple, stylish and perfect for a weekend getaway with my wife. The staff was great and helpful, specially Marieke the barmaid that gave us the greatest cocktails.

I would give this hotel a two thumbs way up.....

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,478)

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Arrived in Montreal in the middle of winter and had to furnish my accommodation. Was based here initially. The hotel staff were all very friendly and knowledgeable about the city - for example I had to buy bed linen on a public holiday, they knew exactly where to go.

Breakfast is good and was included, and their valet service is quick, esp compared to the general New York experience. Hotel is also really well-situated near Place d'Armes metro which gives you access to downtown and the quartier latin and plateau.

Room Tip: Choose fourth floor rooms if you can because they're near the gym.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Rosa D
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stayed 4 nights during October and I was very much satisfied. A specific aspect that made my staying experience very pleasant, was the attentive concern of the personnel for my need to change the room due to construction noise, and in order to accommodate a way of phrasing the receipt upon payment. In particular for the first case, Sylvia, a young lady at the reception, spent considerable time to find another room appropriate to my needs of quietness and fast internet since my visit at Montreal was mainly for business. Her efforts were successful and made my stay there truly pleasant. Only the rain shower does not work properly due to clogged head. The rest is very functional and the rooms extremely clean.

Room Tip: Junior suites are usually less sunny. King's rooms are a better choice, and if can be afforded...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I admit, when I first arrived I was a bit frustrated. Driving in old Montreal is HORRID. The street of the front entrance of the hotel is a one way street and everything was blocked due to a wedding taking place.
BUT, once I finally parked the car, valet took over and the rest was GREAT. The hotel itself is just beautiful. I travel alone and I always enjoy a REALLY nice hotel when I get to stay in one and--maybe it's a girl thing but--I TRULY loved the soaps and bath salts they provided. This is right across the notre dame cathedral and perfectly centered for walking to just about anywhere. If something was too far for a walk the metro was only a block away. I also loved how they gave me a complimentary drink; since I wasn't traveling as a couple, I got to enjoy TWO free drinks.
The inside of the hotel was modern, sleek, and clean. The outside blended right with the old montreal look. The staff was friendly and courteous.
If I were to give a recommendation it would be to have one nice (and dressy) outfit to wear at the bar section. I went in with jeans and a t-shirt. While I was welcomed and treated nicely, everyone else there was dressed business casual.

Room Tip: I had room 1601--I was a little tiny bummed b/c I couldn't quite see the cathedral. BUT, I coul...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Karina H
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We recently stayed at the Le Place d' Armes for a three night stay.. We were celebrating our anniversary and the staff went out of their way to make our stay memorable. Our room was beautiful, quiet, and everything and anything we needed was at hand in the room. The staff were very cordial and our accommodations were kept up daily by the housekeeping department meticulously. We chose the Le Place d'Armes Hotel because it was in "old Montreal" and we cannot wait to go back for a visit soon.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank James H
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is my third time at this hotel. I have always stayed in a standard room an always liked it. This time we stayed in a junior suite, and absolutely loved the room: large, very comfortable bed, nice and cosy living area, supelarge bathroom with a very nice shower and separate bathtub, comfortable desk and free wifi. Location is great in the Old Port. Service v good. I will definAtely stay here again the next time i am in Montreal.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank whiterabbitjb
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stayed for one night for business. The hotel was paid for and I had no idea about the price...until now since I am writting a review ...This hotel is very well situated in the heart of old Montreal. The check in was smooth and cordial. The lobby is filled with fresh flowers. This hotel is in fact 3 buildings that were renovated. I was told that I was in the first building . The room was of a very nice size, very charming with dark harwood floors, exposed bick wll, very high ceiling (at least 10 feet), nice appointed bathroom. Classical music was playing...very charming. The bed was king size and so comfortable! I slept very well despite a little noise outside.
They offer free wi-fi, a thick bathrobe. If you have time, there is also a spa on the premises.
We had supper in the Aix restaurant. The Table d'hôte was 35$ and the food was of high quality, well executed.
the conference rooms are of different sizes. The food at lunch time was very good . Of course it always depends on what the organizer ordered. We were served salmon, chickne, and a vegetarian lasagan with grilled vegetables etc.

Glag I had the occasion to try this hotel, might not have done it on my own

Room Tip: ask for a room in building "one"
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business