“Event at Opera room”

Hotel Place d'Armes
Ranked #7 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed November 26, 2011

With my student association, we organized a professional cocktail for 90 attendees. It's the second year that we choose this hotel for this event. Two times at Opera AB room. We also had conferences, so one side of the room was with chairs (Theatre configuration) and the rest for the cocktail. It's really great to work with the staff. They are present during all the evening to help us.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,478)

Reviewed November 24, 2011

I have stayed three times now. Twice for business and once for leisure. In all instances this hotel has exceeded expectations. It has a rambling lobby layout with separate rooms including a billiard table and lots of cozy nooks to relax or meet informally. The real win is the rooms. I had the pleasure of an executive suite this past time complete with self cleaning jetted tub. Two flat panel tvs, stereo, rain shower, and bug comfy bed. Easily my favorite hotel out there and I stay 40+ nights a year in hotels. The service is great as well. When I left my passport behind they called me!

• Stayed: November 2011
3  Thank steakum1
Reviewed November 23, 2011

I stayed here for several days on business and the location is very good as the hotel straddles downtown and Old Montreal perfectly and I could walk to both without a problem. The suites are large and quite comfortable but the rooms have this very 1990's aesthetic that I can't really explain. Nonetheless, the poor aesthetic is quickly replaced by beautiful bathrooms and decent service. Next time, I would likely stay at the St. Paul as it seems to be a more interesting option in the heart of Old Montreal but this hotel works just as well. Also, the breakfast is terribly dissapointing and the service in the morning is bad. Opt out of a breakfast package and get something in the area.

Room Tip: Opt for a suite if you can.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank CocoFranco
MathieuLarochelle, General Manager at Hotel Place d'Armes, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2011

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback about your recent stay. I apologize for the bad breakfast experience you had and will not hesitate to share your comments with our team so we can improve. I am also very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the room décor. The inspiration was drawn from the Old Montreal look and feel with a twist of modernity and came to life in 2005. I do respect your opinion and if I may suggest, next time you come to Montreal do not hesitate to contact me and we can look at other products in our portfolio (Le Petit Hotel) that would perhaps match your taste more than the Place D’Armes.

Best regards,

Mathieu

Reviewed November 18, 2011

I was in Montreal for a few nights on business and checked in to the Place d'Armes. Fabulous! The bathroom is enourmous with a huge white tub and separate shower (also huge).
The king bed was extremely comfortable, the temperature in the room was perfect. The television was also very large and clear. Wi-fi internet was free and the connection was excellent. The work chair at the desk was uncomfortable, but I was only sitting there working for a few hours befre heading to meetings.
The location in Old Montreal is equally fabulous! On Place d'Armes Square, facing the Notre-Dame Basilica, it is steps away from a metro station.
Highly recommend this property - would like to have stayed longer and have included my boyfriend!

Room Tip: Ask for Building three on a high floor.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank FTopGirl
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Before visiting this hotel, I was a little worried that the reviews might be overrated. This was absolutely not the case. My husband and I thought the hotel was wonderful and would definitely stay at Place D'Armes again. We visit Montreal fairly often and this was our favorite stay. The staff at the hotel were very friendly, the room was large/welcoming and the location was great. We've stayed at more expensive hotels in Montreal that weren't nearly as classy or as welcoming as this hotel. While the rooms were very charming, the hotel's biggest asset is definitely the staff. The few times we approached the concierge/staff with requests, they responded to them quickly and pleasantly. This hotel deserves all the great reviews it is receiving. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: We were in room 3504 and it had a nice view facing downtown Montreal.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LazySundayz
Reviewed November 14, 2011

My husband, another couple and I just returned home from a weekend in Old Montreal, staying at Le Place d'Armes and we couldn't have been happier with our choice of hotel. We were looking for a mature, classy hotel that was surrounded by a good selection of restaurants. This was the perfect spot to satisfy all of these... and one of the nicest hotels my husband and I have ever stayed at. The service was excellent, the rooms were very clean, spacious and stunning, the location was perfect for our demographic. We all agreed to come back another time during the summer.
Special thanks to the concierge for their restaurant recommendations and help with directions.
We will definitely be back to stay here!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ColadaRC
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Close to Old Montreal, a great hotel plenty of character, excellent staff, just a delight to visit.
stay here about 2 to 3 times per year when in Montreal would stronglynreccomd it.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Pdorgan
MathieuLarochelle, General Manager at Hotel Place d'Armes, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2011

Dear guest,

Thank so much for such a great review. I hope we will have the chance to serve again.

Do not hesitate to contact us directly upon your return.

Regards,