Lowest prices for your stay
$311
View deal
Free cancellation until 06/04/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
$277
View deal
Free cancellation until 06/02/22
Hotels.com
Expedia.com$277
Priceline$311
ZenHotels.com$342
3,298 results
All reviews old montreal junior suite notre dame beautiful hotel exposed brick rooftop bar electric fireplace jetted tub perfect location huge bathroom front desk staff would highly recommend this hotel king bed valet parking few blocks croissants kyo
Selected filters
Reviewed September 15, 2011

We arrived for a mini vacation and I'd read some great reviews online re this hotel. Plus bonus was that it's located in old Montreal. The room was a junior suite and it was two floors which was lovely...unfortunately the air conditioner was on the fritz and the staff didn't see capable of fixing it. So we graciously accepted another room which was again very nicely decorated and spacious. Aesthetically this hotel is really good value for the dollar that you'll spend but unfortunately there are a couple of places where it falls down. Namely staff service levels. I must have called down to the front desk at least 3 times in one day about the smell of cigar or cigarette smoke wafting through the vents into the room and each time I got the same response...which was that they'd look into it but the problem never did go away. We tried the restaurant/bar for lunch and the service was sub par at best. Although there were clearly more staff than customers you still couldn't get attention to save your life and practically had to stick out your leg and trip a waiter to get the final bill. Room service fare was cold and not only did the toilet break on our stay but the in room cordless phone didn't work. This will be our last stay here. If only aesthetics were enough.....

3  Thank Mymonae
Reviewed September 14, 2011

CCA, our company, organised a one day workshop called Applied Creativity for the Business world in this Hotel .

We have rented the room called 'St-Jacques' and it was perfect for our workshop - The staff is professional and courteous, the hotel is beautiful and the buffet was exactly was we needed.

Here's a little tip for activities occurring during the weekend ; an outside parking is available in front of the hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Le Place d'Armes is simply perfect. For the price, I don't think it can be beat. A sizeable hotel with the service of a bed and breakfast. The rooms are immaculate. The concierges are so incredibly friendly and helpful--our personal favorite is Magil. She taught us how to use the Metro was eager to make reservations for us at places that are difficult to get into. The valet guys are friendly and helpful as well. Our ongoing joke involved the stealthiness of the housekeepers--they were like invisible fairies. We'd leave our room for a moment and we'd come back and it would be cleaned top to bottom. Little touches like a card on the nightstand letting you know what the next day's weather would bring, chocolates, and a night-time water bottle are so inviting. If we are ever blessed with the opportunity to visit Montreal again, we will undoubtedly stay here.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank nphummel
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Given the option of 4.5 stars, I would have chosen that, however, the customer service we experienced at Le Place d’Armes led me to opt for 5 stars instead of 4. My husband is 100% fluent in French and in English, and while I have been studying French, I am a beginner and anything but fluent. I mention this because, upon check-in, it would have been much more efficient for the lovely woman that checked us in to speak in English. Instead, she took the time to repeat to me everything that she had told my husband very, very slowly in French, so that I could also understand. That was an unnecessary, but very nice touch!

The other incidence of outstanding customer service is perhaps not fair to review, as it involved a random natural disaster, and may not be standard operating procedure for the hotel. I do think it is fair though to mention this anyway, without too specific detail, as we were extremely pleased with the outcome. Basically, we live in NYC and were scheduled to return home on August 28, the day that Hurricane Irene was hitting. We had to make a quick decision: were we going to risk going back, should we stay a few more nights to be safe, and move to a business hotel that falls within my husband’s company's guidelines, (the vacation was technically over) … those sorts of decisions. In the end, we did stay an extra 3 nights, and the management went above and beyond to make our unplanned extension equitable and seamless… we could not have been happier.

We booked a king bed, Junior Suite with terrace, in their newest building, and if you can, I would highly recommend you do the same. The room was open concept, a very good size, and has a modern loft like, yet still cozy feel. You have several sitting options; both inside and outside… plenty of storage, flat screen TV, a large desk, mini bar and safe, and a very comfortable bed with good pillows and linen. The bathroom looks really cool, but could perhaps be tweaked a bit on functionality. The lighting is really dim which makes putting on makeup a bit of a challenge, though I did get used to it, and there is not really much vanity space. That being said, there is a wonderful self-cleaning jetted tub with a flat screen TV and a huge shower with rain and regular showerheads. One word of caution, don’t take your favorite book into the jet tub, it will be soaked… trashy magazines are a better bet!

Our favorite part of our room was our terrace, living in Manhattan, outdoor living space is a rare commodity. One of my biggest pet peeves in a hotel is having to order ice through room service, and sadly, that was the case here. We spent a fair amount of time each evening on the terrace enjoying wine or champagne; therefore, having to order, to wait for, and to tip for, ice… that can be somewhat annoying. They more than made up for it unknowingly, though, by fulfilling my husband’s request of finding us some candles for our balcony. They actually let us borrow some really nice electric ones they use in the lobby for the duration of our trip… another very nice touch.

Lastly, we loved the rooftop bar, and had some nice snacks and drinks at the restaurant bar off the lobby. We did not try breakfast, but did try the gym. It is nice that they have a gym, but the equipment while varied, could use some updating. No big deal though. All in all, we would definitely go back, we would splurge again for the Jr. King, and we would certainly (and already have) recommend this hotel to our friends.

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank ambnyc
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My sister and I stayed at the hotel for a long weekend in August. The hotel is in a great location and I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The rooms are very nice, my only comment is that a hotel in this class should have spotless bathrooms and while the bathroom was nice, it was showing some age. There was some construction right next to the hotel which may be complete now, but I would check if you are concerned about noise. This is a beautiful hotel in the heart of Old Montreal just having a few issues that are not uncommon, I would stay again. Parking is free.

Room tip: Check on local construction
Date of stay: August 2011