“Great hotel for the price and awesome location!”

Quartier Latin Hotel
Ranked #120 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Ohio
“Great hotel for the price and awesome location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2010

This hotel is a great quality for the price. I stayed at this hotel with two friends while visiting Montreal and was very satisfied. You get what you pay for, and at this hotel you certainly do. You can't expect a 5 star hotel at a 1 star price. This hotel was extremely cheap but it was still nice and had a good location. My only disappointment was the internet, it did not always work properly and remain connected. The location is incredible though for people who want to go out and party. The streets are crammed at night with young people having fun and everyone is very friendly in the area. There are many great bars and restuarants on the street, so the location was perfect for us. If you're not coming to Montreal to party, i would not stay at this hotel because the streets get very loud at night and it would be hard to sleep at 12am. Everything else about this hotel was good. The continental breakfast wasn't amazing but it was worth what we paid for. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and had great ammenities. Overall i liked the hotel and i liked how much of a value it was. Not only would i recommend this hotel, i would definitely stay at it again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank jalee2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Ontario
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2010

The first thing that you notice when you first walk in through the front door is that this is a very different hotel from the one presented in the photos. The place had a musty smell and they had the thermostat cranked up to the high twenties. The hotel staff are surly and unprofessional, giving the place a real turn-key feel.

Our room was a tiny cramped closet with a double and a twin bed awkwardly positioned due to the ridiculously small room dimensions. Everything from the peeling veneer on the bedhead to the haphazard wall to wall carpeting made me feel reluctant to touch anything.

The bathroom was small and grimy with a sink toilet, bath/shower , and the complementary shampoos come in environment unfriendly paper packets. The shower had no pressure on the hot water setting and came out in a lame dribble. But this all pales in comparison to the fact that the shower curtain was stained with a huge amount of what appeared to be dried blood. I am talking about an amount of blood indicative of someone being seriously injured.

This is not a hotel to bring the family to, it is run-down, dirty, and poorly staffed. Rather, this is a place where you would bring one of the many prostitutes in the area for a quickie.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Montreal hotels

canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2010

I find its location quite special while the hotel itself is not too bad. Our room was very well fitted. It had an internet access, a cable TV, an air condition and a telephone. Not too pretty yet clean and tidy. We found it for less than 60 $ in easy click travel and that's why we booked it really, but we were not disappointed, on the contrary, we felt very pleased. It had everything we needed.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with friends
Ottawa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2010

My cousin and I were looking for a clean inexpensive place to stay for a weekend shopping trip to Montreal. This one was recommended by the Montreal travel people as one that was clean, cheap and close to shopping. Well... only 1 of those was accurate. It was close to everything downtown but this hotel was the most disgusting dirty place I've ever been. We got there and were given a room on the 4th floor, there are no elevators in this hotel. So we had to trek up to the 4th floor with heavy luggage (girls don't pack lightly!). We asked if they had a busboy that could help us out and were told NO. So we get up to the room and it looks like were in the attick. We find our room... and ohh my was it ever gross. The TV was like 13" and it was sitting on an OLD table. The beds were full of hair from a previous guest. YUKKKK. I asked them to have the sheets changed, so instead of sending a housekeeper, he gives me the new sheets as if it's my job to change the sheets at the hotel... LOL. I change the sheets only to find the new ones are just as hairy. So I call downstairs and the guy tells me they come from a laundering company and that's just how it is. I think that is absolutely digusting. They should change laundering company. I couldn't sleep all night due to the thought of random people's hair on my bed... I tried to pick them off but couldn't get them all. NASTY.

All in all... I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anybody... not even my worst enemy.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
Tokyo
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2009

Negative: The water leaks from the ceiling when it rains. the walls are thin so you need ear plugs.
Positive: Great locatioin. Easy access to metro station. Wide choice of good restaurants around.

Stayed October 2006, traveled solo
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2009

The hotel itself was in a great location, very close to all the main attractions in Montreal. It was fairly clean but a lot of the fixtures in the bedroom and bathroom could do with updating. We opted to use the hotel carpark as on street parking can be very expensive, and we assumed that our car would be safe. On our second morning there we were woken by a phone call from reception telling us that the car had been broken into. The entire back window was smashed in and there were dents in the passanger side door. We spoke to the receptionist about this and he didnt care and told us that we should expect it as we were staying in downtown Montreal! Also, we later realised that 2 mins walk from the hotel, there was a secure carpark where we could have parked our car in for an extra $3 a night! The secure carpark also has designated spaces for guests staying at the hotel. We asked the hotel staff why they never told us about the carpark, but they were unable to give us an acceptable reply. Overall, if you need somewhere cheap to stay in the centre of Montreal, then this place is ideal. If you have a car make be sure to use the secure carpark complete with cctv and security guards.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rileypup
Worcester, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2009

We got here and noted that the halls and the room were rank . The hotel staff wasn't too friendly, but being from New England that did not bother me. The rooms were decent-sized and appeared clean except for that smell. The hotel was definitely not worth the low price we paid. Also, the walls are very thin and there was a very obnoxious group of American college kids there to party- why they decided to party in that place is beyond me. At any rate, it was noisy and smelly, and tough to get a good night's sleep. The location is good, except that it is right next to a strip club. But there are other hotels in the area and I can't imagine they wouldn't be better than this one! The reason we booked at this hotel was the location, and we figured we would not spend much time in the hotel but rather seeing the city. This was true, but I would have preferred a place at least with a neutral odor!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple