“Amazing”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Hong Kong
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2005

What an excellent hotel! Great location on Sherbrooke - close to the Musuem of Fine Arts and shopping attractions. I got a room on the 19th floor and had a great view of the neighboring grand mansions (the Ritz-Carlton looked so old and sad from my room). And the bed is one of the best I've slept in (in my opinion, second only to the Peninsula Bangkok... way better than the Westin Heavenly Beds). Staff is professional and exceptionally friendly. The bellman is amazing, who helped me carry my shopping bags up to my room without that "tips please" look/attitude from New York. Room service is delicious and not overly expensive. The complimentary "fruit shots" at breakfast were inspiring.

Will return without hesitation!

Stayed July 2005
6 Thank JPang

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2005

I would definitely stay there again!!!! The service was fabulous!!! Anything you needed they would accommodate you as best they could; and majority of the time they accommodated you. The hotel is in a great location, within walking distance to a majority of amenities (ie. St.Catherine street, where all the shopping is; Cresent street, where all the restaurants and some bars) HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!

• Stayed June 2005
5 Thank TOtraveller9876
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2005

I stayed here in May. I thought the location was excellent. My room was extremely clean and tidy each day i returned. The staff were very helpful and pleasant to deal with although the concierge was not always there when required or there was a bit of a wait. The free internet access was very handy. I have stayed in other Sofitel hotels and would definitely recommend this one.

• Stayed May 2005
3 Thank Glasgowtraveller
Niagara
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2005

What a wonderful hotel!
Very European feel. From the moment I entered the lobby I was treated as the most welcomed guest.

I checked in and went to my room where I found myself surrounded in comfort and clean efficiency. The concierge didn't even raise an eyebrow when my empty tummy insisted I find a McDonald's or something and asked for directions. They have apples at the desk for guests to enjoy and the lobby is spacious and well decorated.

The location is ideal for those with business to accomplish, and not too far from the scenic Port Area.

I stayed for three days and enjoyed every moment.

The meeting rooms were well equipped and the food was amazing.

The beds are heaven. The lack of a coffee maker in each room was the only thing I would wish for.

They even have internet access free to guests in a room off the lobby.

Wonderful Place.

• Stayed January 2005, traveled on business
8 Thank Scuba
nowhere
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2005

I've stayed at the Sofitel several times over the past few years. The one problem that I've always had is service. I go to Montreal on business and stay anywhere from 3 to 10 nights at a time. Everyone from the front desk to houskeeping have an indifferent attitude toward the guests 7 out of 10 times. I've stood at the desk waiting to ask a question and waited while the doorman, desk staff and bell staff had a long personal conversation before someone finally, rather grudgingly, helped me. On the good side, the hotel is fairly new and decorated in deco style. Beds are very comfortalbe and baths are marble with separate shower and large,deep tub. (deluxe room) Large closets and the usual chair/ottoman finish the simple and clean decor. Houskeeping is spotty and all the little things that make a 4 star hotel a 5 star hotel slip away. Hard to get service in the resturant, that serves average food. Montreal is a real food town and you do much better walking to any of the many excellent local places. The staff is almost universally young and badly trained. I stay or the Omni and the FourSeasons trained staff there could run rings around these people. The locals all share the same low opinion of the staff and the hotel in general. You can do much better

• Stayed June 2004, traveled on business
7 Thank earlybrass
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2005

Use to be a regular guest somewhere else(the vogue), but I had to try the sofitel and I was just amazed by the entire hotel. I had a nice junior suite on the 17th floor with a great view of the mont-royal and olympic stadium tower. The bathroom was so large :2 sinks, large oval/roman bath, large rain shower (we could fit almost 5 persons the shower!) and separate toilet. The sofitel bed is really like sleeping on a cloud, didn't want to get up in the morning!! My only complaint for the suite will be the sofa, very small, low and not too confortable, but the suite itself was large and clean. The regular rooms must be smaller but nice too. If you order room service try the lobster spring rolls, so good! I had to order a second portion !!(as an appetizer).
The entire staff is really friendly from doorman to barmaid. At check in, when I turn to go take the elavators, a manager welcomed me with my name and holded an elevator for me, I was chocked in a good way of the quality of service and how did he knew my name, he was not even at the front desk!! Location is really good, in a nice "chic" part of downtown. Will certainelly return!

• Stayed March 2005, traveled on business
12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2005

I took my Aunt and daughter out for lunch at the "Renoir" in the Sofitel hotel. The service in the restaurant was excellent. The food is quite pricey but tasty for the most part. Lunch cost just over $150 plus tip. No children's menu. Valet parking for lunch was $8 plus tip.
Several days later my daughter and I stayed at the Sofitel Hotel while she had time off from school. There is a very large and beautiful stained glass in the lobby. The Hotel has paid alot of attention to the bedrooms and beds. Makes for a great night sleep. The room we stayed in was small but comfortable. The shower with a large glass door was spacious with an oversized shower head in the ceiling for rain effect. The RogerGallet soap supplied, was a wonderful treat. This is a nice place to stay for a business trip to Montreal. Nearly all of the hotel staff were very professional and helpful. There are no special welcome considerations or treats for children as my kids have become accustomed to in the Loews "Vogue Hotel on Mountain Steet.