2,551 results
All reviews renoir restaurant luxury room mcgill university sherbrooke street museum of fine arts mount royal rain shower corner room beautiful hotel enjoyed my stay comfortable rooms valet service valet parking the ritz location is excellent long weekend central location
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The Sofitel was not my first choice for my stay in Montreal. The location wasn't ideal for me (and I only speak for myself in that regard; I'm not knocking a point off for that reason), though it is prime for visiting downtown, art museums, and universities. The staff were pros: they take their jobs very seriously, and I would consider them highly skilled craftsmen and craftswomen. They were helpful, polite, and courteous.

The downside was the internet service. They have a free option, which is... well... throttled. You're not going to get into your company's citrix server with any degree of usability. There is a paid option for higher bandwidth, but the one day I used it it wasn't much better than the free option (tested via speedtest). So, sorry Sofitel. In this day and time the business traveller needs adequate broadband, and you just didn't have it for me. Otherwise, keep up the good work.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
SofitelMontreal, General Manager at Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Bonjour JW-xplore,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay at the Sofitel Montreal. Excellent service is what we strive to be known for; therefore your feedback is extremely important as it enables us to continually improve our service and provides a memorable experience to our valued guests.

While we do provide free Internet access in our guest rooms, I am sorry that our internet service did not meet your expectations and I apologize for this inconvenience.

Our relationship with our guests is of paramount importance to us. We hope that you will present us with the opportunity to better serve you soon.

Stephanie Segoura

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed at Sofitel Montreal for three nights. You can walk from the train station or from the metro station, very convinient location. Rooms are small but with loveky views and very comfortable. Staff is also really helpfull. You have plenty of cafes around to have breakfast. If back in Montreal, I will stay again, for sure.

Date of stay: August 2013
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Bonjour Latrun,

We appreciate the time you took to post your recent comments from your stay at our hotel.
Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We will look forward to welcoming you again at Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile.

Stephanie Segoura

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights in July, and were not disappointed. We'd surely stay here again. While the location is great, and the room and bed very comfortable, we'd have to say that the service and positive attitude of the staff stood out. They were extremely helpful and friendly. I left something in my car, and the valet went down to the garage to get it. Raining outside - they give you an umbrella. Bellman ensure there is always a taxi waiting in the driveway. Rooms were very clean. And quiet. Bose radio present to soothing music was a nice touch. We ate in the restaurant most days. At first the price seemed quite high. However note that most items come with a very nice basket of pastries, as well as a nice fruit cup. Breakfast items were well prepared, and served promptly. Bottles of water were provided in our guestroom, however it would have been nice if it was accompanied by a filled ice bucket. One annoyance - every evening at turn down, housekeeping would leave on our bed a catalog of items for sale. No matter where I stowed it in the room, it turned up again the next evening. It was a clear sales pitch, and one evening would have been enough.

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
SofitelMontreal, General Manager at Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Bonjour Stevkap,

Thank you very much for the kind words and compliments about our hotel and staff. We hope to see you again in the near future at Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile.

Jean-Christophe Gras

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We recently spent 3 nights at the Sofitel. Aside from the wonderful room and location, I was very impressed with the well trained staff. Everyone was very helpful, courteous, energetic, and professional. They were one of the many reasons I would return to this hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Bonjour WESTMICHMOM,

Thank you for the kind words and compliments of our staff. We hope to see you in the near future.

Jean-Christophe Gras