Hotel Faubourg Montreal
Hotel Villa(Montreal)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel St-Denis(Montreal)
1,023 results
All reviewsliving roomyogurtfull size fridgekitchen areachamp de marslarge tvunderground parkingapartment buildingcoffee makerold townpull out couchbreakfast was includedtwo queen bedshard boiled eggscentral locationvieux portfew blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 18, 2009

Great Hotel, ended up getting a Queen -Suite? The masterbedroom came with a walk in closet, the hallway had 2 closets, regular bathroom, had a kitchen with full fridge, microwave, coffee maker, sink and kitchen counter, had a dining room, and also had a living room with sofa-bed couch, with tv. No wireless internet, only wired-internet which was faulty sometimes.

All this for for 160 per night, it also comes with a free buffet breakfast, you can goto the lobby for tea and coffee whenever you like. Parking is not included, it is 18bucks per day

Overall, pretty decent hotel, a bit more pricey, but you get what you pay for, security and great luxurious spacious rooms

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2009

This Holiday Inn Express has a good location -- convenient to walk to Old Montreal (valet parking was C$19 extra/night, street parking might be possible). The room was a 1 bedroom apt complete with kitchen (microwave, refrigerator, dishwasher), living room w/sofa sleeper and a balcony. Bedroom had a queen bed. Very quiet even though we were across from the elevators and overlooked the fairly busy street (good insulation). Easy walking distance to many restaurants, 2 blocks to Chinatown. Breakfast is included and normal for Holiday Inn Express, which is good: hot dish (eggs, etc.), cinnamon rolls, fruit, bagels, bread, cereal, juices, etc. The staff was helpful. Montreal is an amazing bilingual city with most people going between French and English with ease. Over Memorial Day weekend, our stay was US$136/night including taxes.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2009

Good Things:

1) We went for 1 night with our 5 1/2 month old son, the location was great just a short walk from the Old Port area and the shops on St. Catherine. We pushed a stroller around a both days so location was key. We got the room for $110 with parking and buffet breakfast included. So the rate was pretty good.

2 )The room decor was dated but it was very clean and the room was a good size (1 queen), breakfast in the morning was good for your basic hot buffet.

Bad Things:
1) The internet was useless it was slower then dialup. I used my PDA instead thankfully it was just to lookup some addresses.

2) We requested a crib when booking the room, then asked again when we checked in at 1pm, when we got back from dinner the crib still wasn't in the room so we called the front desk and asked where it was. They said they would send it right up. About an hour later they called back and said they had no cribs available. They didn't offer any alternatives and just asked if there was anything else. Not impressed.

The next morning we complained and the manager just said, "cribs are not guaranteed, it's first come first served". I argued that we asked while checking in and were told it would be no problem to get a crib, otherwise we would have request 2 beds or cancelled and gone somewhere else since the two of us got no sleep as we were afraid of rolling onto our son. She just kept saying it's not guaranteed. We ended up with a 20% discount. I would have rather slept.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2009

Had to be in Montrel for a week for a business meeting.
I preferred staying close to downtown Montreal so that I could walk to the office.

This was a wonderful hotel in downtown Montreal @ CAD 150 / night. It was close to all the attractions in Old Montreal as well. Infact, i was lucky since we had Jazz festival the whole week i stayed over there and even luckier since the location of the festival was a walkable distance from the hotel.

The room was pretty and very comfortable. Infact, i forgot my shaving kit and the hotel staff provided a decent one for free.
We had a good complimentary continental breakfast.

My stay was memorable there. If you are looking to stay in downtown Montreal i would recommend this hotel if you are looking for options other than the Hilton.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
HotelManagerMontreal, Manager at Hotel Faubourg Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2009

Hello,
I just wanted to take a few moments to thank you for your comments regarding your stay at our property. We value your comments as they help us to continue to improve our product and service. We look forward to serve your lodging needs the next time you are in Montreal.

Reviewed June 6, 2009

While this Holiday Inn has a good location and good service at a reasonable price, there were way too many negatives for a business traveller.

Upon entry of my first room, the bathroom had a sickening fecal smell. Over the two nights I spent in this room, this smell did go away.

I selected this hotel based on its offer and availability of high speed internet. On this, it failed to deliver. In my first room, it cease to work after an hour of use. I spent almost 3 hours with tech support, switched cables three times, before we determined that the problem was with the wall connection.

I was offered a switch of rooms which I accepted. I received no assistance in moving. To my relief, this room did not have the same fecal smell. As before, the Internet lived up to its promise for a couple of hours and then was abysmally slow foe the remainder of my stay. I gave up trying to resolve as I did not want to spend hours on the phone again with tech support.

This location can use another elevator - there are only two in operation, so wait times can be slightly aggravating. Further, the corridors are run down and you feel institutional.

On a positive note, staff service was excellent and attentive.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business

Hello,
Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at our property. i would like to apologize for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay. Your comments enable us to continue to improve our servcies.
Please note that we are currently in the process of changing all our corridor carpets and 1 floor is completed. We are also changing internet provider to improve the speed of our complimentary internet service.
We look forward to serving your lodging needs in the future.