“A gem ! The staff are superlative.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of LHotel

LHotel
Ranked #19 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Kelowna, Canada
“A gem ! The staff are superlative.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2011

Everything positive that you may read in other reviews is true. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly. The front desk staff and the young man who was the porter/bar attendant were wonderful
The hotel is filled with interesting modern art at every turn.If you have the time and interest, walk the hallways of each floor. It is your own personal art museum. The lobby/bar area feels welcoming and cozy. We loved sitting having a glass of wine in front of the fireplace, surrounded by the eclectic furnishings. Breakfast .. what a surprise. We thought that the breakfast buffet was only the typical cheeses, fruit, toast, cereal etc. Then a lovely lady came and asked us if we would care for an omelette or eggs prepared any way.
The beds are very comfortable... the rooms spacious.
The hotel is a short walk from the Victoria Square metro stop. We were an easy walk from all attractions in the historic old quarter and a comfortable stroll to shopping , art gallery etc.
We would definitely stay here again and encourage anyone travelling to Montreal to give this hotel a try.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nutmeg06

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel on four occasions. The rooms are spacious and fairly well kept, although their age certainly shows. The beds are a little soft for my taste but fairly comfortable. Internet access is spotty depending upon the room you are in. On my last trip to Montreal, I called to book a room as usual and found that they wanted an additional $60 above what I have paid in the past. It's just not worth that much. There are better values within just a few blocks.

• Stayed January 2011
1 Thank Gurgon
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2011

This delightful hotel in Old Montreal combines the elegance of Old Europe with the charm and friendliness of your neighbourhood haunt. One is treated to a visual feast starting from the architectural beauty and continuing with the impressive, museum quality display of artwork. My partner and I were completely taken with this lovely jewel of a hotel and found it hard to leave. There is a high level of attention to service, and I can't remember the last time I encountered such knowledgeable and welcoming staff--with particular kudos to the concierge and reception desk. Don't miss it on your next trip to Montreal, and be prepared to fall in love.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2011

This was such a wonderful surprise for my wife and me. We have stayed in about 30 different hotels in Quebec and Montreal over the years, inlcuding places like Le Saint Sulpice, the Nelligan hotel , The Places d' Armes Hotel, And many others in that area, . LHOTEL is just the best of them all. The rooms feel like you are in a comfortable home. The staff bens over backwards trying to fulfill your every need. You would think you paid 1000.00 $ a night for this type of service .( am not kidding ). Everyone had smiles ( not the fake smiles your use to see nowadays ) It is quiet but in a superb location right on In the "Coeur du Vieux port Montreal". , within walking distance to everything.Restaurants, Subway train , , everything is near by , I not only couldn't recommend this hotel any more highly but my wife and I will return here from now on with every visit we make to Montreal. The art on the walls are just "SPECTACULAR" On every floor you will be amazed by this private collection from the owner of the Hotel shares with his guests, Nice job to all the Staff (Mylene at the front desk is just a "Bijou" to talk too )and thanks for a great trip. ( a special Thank you goes out to Nicola with his dynamic personality and Glowing Charm that greeted us like Royalty until the very last second of our stay) .

Edgecomb, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2011

I haven't yet completed my entire stay at l'hotel, but I am so overwhelmed by my initial experience I felt I must leave a review immediately. The hotel location is perfect, close to major Old Montreal attractions, entrance to the underground and amazing restaurants make a booking a must. But what really elevates this hotel above the gorgeous spacious rooms, down comforters and beautiful art is the amazing guest care from the staff. From curb side to counter, the staff eagerly attends to you every need, even the ones you are not yet aware of. While waiting to check in behind one couple, we were supplied bottle water and warm greetings from every available staff member. Their interactions were genuine and enthusiastic. This hotel clearly understands how to create a home and family away from home. Bravo!

• Stayed January 2011
AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2011

We visited Montreal in the dead of winter and as this was my first time visiting the city, I am incredibly glad we stayed in Old Montreal. I loved the cobblestone streets and the restaurants. The hotel is located on the edge of Old Montreal and was perfect for us. We had heard about the artwork and in truth, we were less enthusiastic about the collection once we had arrived. The best part of the hotel were the staff members who were lovely.

Brantford, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2011

This was my second visit to Lhotel for new years eve. Although our stay was only for a few days, the quality of my experience at this hotel in this part of Montreal will keep me going back for years to come. Every aspect about our stay was perfect. Although not modestly cheap hotel, I feel like the price is very reasonable for the quality of stay you receive. The hotel is filled top to bottom with original art, this really gives the hotel its own unique flavour. The rooms are spacious as well as elegant. The beds are very comfortable and the room is very clean. The staff are very helpful, when we were leaving one night they called a cab for us and after we waited for a while they went outside in the rain and personally hailed us a cab. I feel that staying in this hotel in the old part of Montreal is very comforting especially when you are not so familiar with the French language. There are tons of things to do that are all within walking distance or a short drive away. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!!