LHotel
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
$250
1,340 results
All reviewshigh ceilingsart collectionpop artandy warholold montrealoriginal artworkfoot ceilingsunique hotelnotre damelobby barvalet parkingroom was largeperfect locationwithin walking distancecroissantscontinental breakfastwould definitely stay here again
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 21, 2005

Stayed here for 3 nights with my husband and 18 year old daughter. Rooms are large and the very high ceilings and windows contribute to the sense of spaciousness and comfort. Very quiet also--we never were disturbed by noise from neighboring rooms. Bathroom is very clean and, unlike an earlier report, we had no problem with the hand shower as it is easy to place it in the holder and use as a fixed shower to wash your hair. The location Vieux Montreal is outstanding in terms of quiet, charm (be sure to go inside the two historic bank buildings in the neighborhood) and terrific places to grab a cafe and pastry. The best part of this hotel is the very helpful front desk staff, particularly a young woman named Sandy. She gave us great recommendations for places to eat and tour; and directed us via drawing on a map and/or telling us which Metro line and stop to use. She also made dinner reservations for us. Her patience, good humor and genuine desire to find out whether we enjoyed her suggestions makes her an excellent customer service provider. Thank you Sandy! I disagree with some of the other reviewers who say the hotel was lacking a certain something. I would be very happy to stay here again and recommend it to anyone who prefers a place with elegant charm.

• Stayed: October 2005
13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 20, 2005

You know, I kind of forgot I was staying at a hotel when I stayed at Hotel XIXe Siecle in Old Montreal.

The first thing one notices is that the lobby doesn't feel like a lobby. You walk up a short flight of stairs and there's a sitting area with a charming, little bar on the side. The interesting artwork, comfy couches, shelves of books and winding staircase welcome guests as if they're at a house, rather than a hotel. And if you're away from home, this is kind of nice, right?

The room I stayed in was just massive. It must have been about 600 square feet and with a 20 foot ceiling, and I'm not exaggerating one bit. I was told it was an upgrade because they were quite busy - not bad at all. I'd imagine you might not find such a size on the other floors, so go for the first level if you can - more space never hurts the weary traveller.

The bathroom is a bit tight given the fact the room, itself, is so large. There's absolutely no counterspace, so a definite thumbs down to the hotel developer/designer on this one.

Location is superb...

For the anti-hotel types or claustrophobic - this one is for you!

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled on business
8  Thank GlobalEyes
Reviewed September 25, 2005

Spacious and clean room, comfortable bed, modern bathroom, helpful front desk, excellent location: walking distance to the hustle and bustle of St. Catherine and also near the old town. Only bad thing was the hotel "recommended" a nearby restaurant named Boris which may have been the worst restaurant I've ever been. Not really the hotel's fault, but their lack of knowledge of local restaurants is what prevents me giving this hotel 5 stars.

• Stayed: April 2005
2  Thank MakeYouHumble!
Reviewed September 8, 2005

This hotel is in the beautiful old part of Montreal. The room was large and clean however I felt as did another reviewer that the hotel lacked atmosphere. Also there was no free wi fi in the rooms as in most other hotels in canada or free local calls for that matter, no mini bar, no tea and coffee making factlities although the concierge did bring us complimentary coffee when I asked about this. We found the room very noisey and would recommend you do not overlook the street although interior banging doors are also real problem. The hotel was well priced but i do not think I would return, I think we had been spoiled by paying less for a lot more in Toronto.

• Stayed: September 2005
6  Thank Tixilix
Reviewed September 5, 2005

This hotel was just about perfect. The room was decorated in an attractive manner, the bathroom was large and modern, the climate control worked great, and most important, the bed was very comfortable and the hotel was very quiet. Additionally, the rooms were huge, and the staff excellent. The rates were quite reasonable in comparison to other 4* properties in Montreal. The only thing I could quibble about was that there was not really a good reading light in the room near the bed (only a lamp on a bedsize table which really didn't focus very well), but a lot of hotels have that problem and don't think hotel guests ever want to read in bed. There wasn't a minibar in the room, either, which sort of surprised me given the level of hotel and the fact that there was more than enough room for one. I wasn't staying there long enough that I cared that much, but I might have liked to put a few cold drinks in one if I were staying longer. This is a good location for the Old Quarter, and there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance for a few days, but after a while, it could be more convenient to be closer to a metro station, also. Someone else said Place Victoria was closest and only a couple blocks, but my impression was that place d'Armes was the closest and much farther than that (and down a hill). It's fine if you only want to come/go once a day or so from other areas by metro.

• Stayed: September 2005