“10/10 in the heart if Montreal”
Review of LHotel

LHotel
Ranked #18 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Vancouver, Canada
“10/10 in the heart if Montreal”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Last year, I couldn't get into my old favourite hotel in the old part of Montreal so I booked in here for 3 days while my daughter got settled in at university. I must say that my room was fit for a Queen. A lusciously big king- sized bed, luxury luxury luxury. The room was amazing with high ceilings, soaker tub and floor to ceiling drapery, I honestly felt like a queen, and close to everything
You are 10 minutes from old Montreal (if that)and there are tons of great restaurants everywhere. Also it's a 7 -10 minute cab ride to trendy areas like the Mile end and the plateau regions. The whole time I was there I kept thinking that they may have made a mistake on the price because it wasn't super expensive and the room was over the top nice. In fact just to be sure that I wouldn't get a surprise "big bill" at the end of the trip I even asked to confirm the rate at the Front desk, it was as i had booked it - One night the bellman brought up some fresh water to my room and thenI forgot that I needed him to do something else for me so asked him. Mrs. B, he said, I am here to serve you. I get paid by the hour and have all the time in the world for you. I was so very happy. I checked out and no big bill - cheaper then where we had been staying for the past 10 years every time we went to Montreal - will stay there again for sure.

Room Tip: I chose the room with the king sized bed plus the sofa bed as well although I never used it the sof...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 22, 2013

This hotel is in a great location in the Old Port, and the walls in all the rooms and hallways are covered in amazing original pop art pieces from the likes of Warhol, Lichtenstein, Rauschenberg, Indiana, and many more! Great value, great place for art lovers, and the staff were very friendly and always helpful. My only complaint is that the sound really carried from the hallway into our room, but we didn't hear much late at night, so we slept fine in the end. Would definitely come back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Fuseta, Portugal
Reviewed March 20, 2013

For the second time at the Crystal I've to say that the services are outstanding. If you look for a great hotel to saty in Montreal that's the Crystal. I do not see a negative point in this hotel. The location is perfect just 3 minutes walking from Rue S. Catherine a shoppers paradise in Montreal, 3 minutes from Crescent with all night activity and obviously the most important the kindness from all the staff. receptionists do know what they are doing, concierge really helpfull and the litle bottle of water they offer to you when you arrival from a long flight is a must ! and the customer services are absolutely fantastic trying to make your stay really enjoyable. I'll be back again, no doubts

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Oportos
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My husband and I just returned from four (4) nights in Montreal, staying at the LHotel. The location is perfectly located near the Place D'Armes subway station and Notre Dame within Vieux Montreal (Old Montreal). Their bilingual staff was friendly throughout the trip from front desk to maid service to those serving the European-style (much more robust than the typical American) continental breakfast. The room was spacious with a bed that sleep wonderfully, pod machine for personal coffee, tea or hot cocoa, great pressure and space in bathroom and the list could go on. There was always a hello and smile upon entering and exiting the building. Nice touch from being out in the below freezing cold all day! The hotel is also it's own art gallery with hundreds of art pieces throughout and its own gift shop. Highly recommend booking via the hotel's site online. Best rates!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HouseLover77
Port Perry, Canada
Reviewed March 19, 2013

It wasn't expensive and it didn't have a lot of amentities so I wasn't sure what to expect but I would not consider staying anywhere else on my next trip to Montreal. Both the woman at the front desk (long hair, forget her name) and the valet/concierge were very helpful and friendly. The artwork hanging in the hallways and rooms is very cool and gives the hotel a feel unlike any other I've stayed in. The room was very clean and comfortable and my 2 boys thought the funky shower was to die for (me, I'm okay with the basic stuff but it kept them occupied). Location in the old city is second to none. I guess I should find one fault and that would be the size of the flat screen TV in relation to the room - too small! lol

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Paul Y
hull, england
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Having booked direct with the hotel via there webpage. We received a greater discount then anywhere else for sure.
Our room was massive, very clean and had the wow factor. 4 massive windows set on the corner of the building.
My partner was in shock as I told him we'd booked a dump.... ( always trying for the element of surprise) - He loved it!! especially the bathroom!!!
A little complicated to get working but once we understood it - we LOVED it!!
Location is pretty good. Some amazing little bars and restaurants just five minutes walk. -' The accords restaurant ' is 5 star place to hang out. We went 3 times - even a famous person in it one night!!
Staff were nice but we kept out selfs to our selfs.

When we return to Montreal we will stay here for sure. Its amazing value for money!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank johnjohnHull
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We don't live all that far from Montreal, but we make a point of staying at LHotel whenever we want to have a nice evening in town. The decor is unique and beautiful, with fantastic art hung in hallways and in the rooms. The rooms themselves are very comfortable and impeccably clean, and without even a hint of the institutional feeling of most hotels. The staff has always been accommodating, friendly and faultlessly polite. LHotel combines the best of all worlds, with the service and getaway feel of a hotel, but with decor which, as you walk around, brings to mind the house of someone with all kinds of interesting things to look at and a very private and quiet atmosphere. The breakfast, although it could be called continental, bears no resemblance to the coffee-and-muffins-in-the-lobby one sees elsewhere: a huge variety of fresh fruit, cheese, meats, Montreal bagels and other delights laid out in a cosy dining room. Altogether, our stays at LHotel have convinced us never to stay elsewhere on the island. Our experiences have been relaxing, indulgent, delicious and very, very pleasant. We're looking forward to our next stay there and continue to recommend it to anyone who will listen!

Room Tip: A suite is well worth the extra cost for a special occasion - the tub is the stuff of dreams and the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple