“Manifique!!! 4* hotel with 5* Everything”
Review of LHotel

LHotel
Ranked #21 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed January 28, 2013

From someone who studied hospitality in Switzerland and has worked in the industry for years this hotel was one to rave about!!!! From the arrival to the departure everything was spot on! The hotel and staff have such warmth and genuine attributes that I cannot wait until my next trip to Montreal! Hopefully the receptionist Summer will be there for the next person who stays as she really played a key role in our visit. From writing down a list of places to go, to calling us daily to see our our stay was she really displayed 5* hospitality. Eric (the overnight receptionist) was also fantastic, after coming back to the hotel each night absolutely freezing he always made us feel like we were "back at home". Upon checkout the debit machine was down but instead of being bothered by it I felt the opposit as the Receptionist and the GM himself were there to offer coffee and apologies for the wait! I have lived in 8 countries, travelled all my life and this is one of the best hotels I've ever had the pleasure of staying at :). Thank you to the entire team at L'hotel for making my mini January vacation a memorable one!!

Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank Jasmine G

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We spent a Saturday night at the LHotel and were warmly greeted and taken care of. We drove up from Massachusetts, took advantage of the 15-minute parking outside the hotel before they valeted our car away (it was cold and snowy, so this was great), and spent the night in a nice, spacious room with high ceilings. The art in this place was awesome--Warhols, Lichtensteins, really fun, interesting pop art. The receptionist (she was blond, but I don't remember her name) was amazing: she helped us out with a great restaurant recommendation and places to go that night. Before calling it a night, we had a drink in the hotel bar and felt like we were in a funky museum--very cool. All in all it was comfortable and the staff was great.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ludakristi
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Four of us spent American Thanksgiving at L'Hotel and all agree it was a uniquely marvelous time. None of us are particularly hip or modern, nor do we have interest in art - but we still appreciated the atmosphere and everything L'Hotel had to offer. It was something different for us and we liked it. Daniel was extremely friendly and helpful from the moment we met, kicked off our vacation on such a happy note and gave us a significant first impression of Montreal. Even after the trip, when payments had been made and no reason to keep pampering us really, they were speedy and clear in their responses to my post-trip questions upon my return to the states.

The one criticism I have is that the elevator has some issues, and at one point we had to take the stairs. They are aware of this problem and may have fixed it by this point.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank y808y
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I'm a little hesitant about writing this review because I really think this is the best kept secret in Montreal. This is fabulous hotel. The rooms are spacious, clean and extremely comfortable. The staff are helpful and polite. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank Canadian_in_Galway
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The location of this hotel is perfect for seeing old Montreal and there's a subway station very close by. The staff is very friendly and accomodating. The rooms are nice sized and clean (we had a queen suite). If only the bed hadn't creaked like an old staircase!!!!! Not a wink of sleep was to be had.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank snoopydeb
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My friend and I decided to go to Montreal for a weekend trip, we decided to stay at LHotel because of their reasonable prices. The hotel is beautiful for all those who like art, the paintings and the sculptures are everywhere. The room we were in was a double bed with tv, desk and all things that you normally find in a hotel room. and the location is perfect to move around the Old Montreal (it is very close to the Notre-Dame Basilica).
I love the hotel´s structure, then art and all you see inside, but the best feature it has is the people who work there, the receptionist were awesome they were always willing to help you giving you all the info that a foreign person may need in Montreal. Jovana and Camille were the best receptionists ever, thanks to them me and my friend got all the right info to move around, places to visit and where to eat good food. Everytime we walked in front of the reception they greeted us with a nice smile. The valet guys and the bartenders were very very friendly as well.
I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone, it was a great experience and next time I go to Montreal this is going to be the place where I´ll stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Franklin L
Reviewed January 1, 2013

This lovely hotel in the Old Montreal area is gorgeous.
The art and decor are beautiful, as are the staff.
We had a lovely suite on the fourth floor, which was perfect for our stay.
They only do breakfasts, but have a lovely, well stocked bar and are only a stones throw away from some of the best restaurants in Montreal.
The only downside was that we had to ask for the complimentary water to be restocked every day, it seemed that the housekeeper just couldn't remember to do it, the only flaw in an otherwise perfect stay.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family