“Stay Far Away!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Le Breton

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Montreal
Hotel Le Breton
Ranked #132 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
San Francisco
“Stay Far Away!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2007

Stay Far Away!!!I I stayed 3 days at this hotel.It is very close to everything,including the shuttle from the Central Bus station to the airport.I would have switched to another hotel,but I was tired,it was raining.The bathroom was unsanitary,un-clean.Some of the knobs,fixtures broken.The room had old grape stems behind the bed,and a lot of dirt.There were some kind of bugs in the room,I discovered.I had to got to the hospital when I returned for treatment.I would never stay there again,for any amount of money offered!!!Also,an item turned up missing from my luggage.I remember the words of another reviewer of this hotel,anything of value was taken.I had taken what I thought was everything out of my suitcase,of value.But missed the small itemI noticed someone had been in my room when I was out.The desk person is young and friendly,but the other staff lurking around were a bit scary.I would not wish this hotel on anyone to stay at....

Stayed September 2007
2 Thank travelladybug_7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
no where near st hubert street in montreal where crackheads run wild, and secure hotels rob you.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2007

The guy that owns the hotel sleeps in the lobby, giving the illusion that the hotel is "VERY VERY SECURE". He spends his time making sure the crackheads and prostitutes outside aren't near the doors of his hotel while customers are around, but when customers leave, he robs them of all their valubles and denies it. He pretends to care about the safety of your things (i.e "you didn't leave any of your money in the car i hope, this is a rough neighborhood.") while making sure that he can sneak into your room, go through your bags, and rob you blind while you are out trying to enjoy Montreal. Apparently this hotel is "so secure" that "no one could get in to take your belongings." But, when questioned about his employees capability to steal, he pretends not to understand english, and says there is only one set of keys for each room. The room looked nice upon arrival, but once the sun goes down, and the locals come out there is no possible way of getting any sleep between loud junkies, and strange noises and apparent fights inside the hotel.

Overall, this hotel has "secured" the top honors for worst hotel ever stayed in. As for the location and local inhabitants, you're not likely to find more crack dealers and junkies on any other street in Montreal.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Everything except parking.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank ihatebobbleheads

Travelers are raving about these Montreal hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2006

I stayed in this hotel during a very busy festival in Montreal. First off, on the top floof a piece of the building was missing and it was covered by a tarp. The man who owns the hotel also sleeps in the lobby....weird.
I had a friend who missed his flight and needed a place to stay as he could not find a room ANYWHERE. I was staying in a single room but offered him the floor, the guy at the hotel did not like this. He stormed into my room barking at me to get my friend out or to pay an extra $80. It got to the point where I was so terrified that I called 911. I didn't sleep that night but left early thae next morning. I ADVISE YOU NOT TO STAY HERE.

Be careful

• Stayed August 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2006

My boyfriend and I stayed there on a Saturday night. The room was small but the furniture was really nice- and modern. The bed was big and comfy. The owner did not speak english well- but enough to get by. The hotel was 2 bocks from the St. Catherine's street night life- but beware that the night life, and all it brings, does end up in front of the hotel- no prolems -just a bit noisy. We had the front room on the main level- not good if you don't like to be disturbed. The bathroom is really small- and parking is a pain- $17 for the night at the lot- but if you can grab a spot on the street, its free. I would definitly go back.

• Stayed May 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2005

My boyfriend and I stayed and Le Breton for the weekend while in Montreal and found the stay to be very delightful. The hotel had a warm French ambience and the owner was a very sweet man. The room and bathroom was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. The coffee and crossaint for breakfast put the icing on the cake. I will defenitly come back to this hotel my next visit to Montreal.

Stayed May 2005