$220
$415
$399
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbeautiful hotelbank buildingsuperior junior suiteold montrealroom serviceturn down serviceeach eveninghotel experiencebeautiful roomlarge bathroomthe ritzhigh ceilingsvisiting montrealxospaconciergedoorman
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Only stayed overnight and really only experienced check in, a quick drink In the bar, room service (because I had a teleconference), a nights sleep and check out). But what is obvious is that ALL the staff are selected and trained to deliver outstanding customer service. Whether it is the cleaner in the hall way, the guy delivering room service or the front desk they all engage with you, look to make sue everything works for you and make you feel comfortable. This doesn't happen by accident. By the way what I saw of the place it looked pretty nice.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Richard H
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I actually won a prize at work to Montreal and this hotel was part of the package. I was very lucky and excited to stay here, as this is quite different from others I have stayed at. It's a very small boutique hotel, from the entrance, to the front desk/concierge, it's not the best when it's busy and filled with tourist at the lobby. However, I felt so welcome, from the first impression of the bellman that opened the door, assisted with our luggage. A very nice young lady helped me check-in and was able to accommodate an early check-in. My price included continental breakfast, it's not much but I really enjoyed it and i'll let you know why a bit later on.

I like the concept how the hotel flows, it feels historic, the keys to open your room are actually bell keys. Once in the room, there is a small sofa, a kind bed and oversized bathroom. Oh my goodness, the bathroom was fabulous. To enjoy a glass of wine and reading a book while taking a nice bath , and the shower is separate. This is an outdated but modern hotel twist. The restaurant was really modern and gave a vibe of European feel. The service staff was very attentive. Breakfast in-room of at the restaurant was superb service.

The location was at or near old Montreal and it was convenient for us to walk around. Much of the places my friend and I visited was close by, so that was awesome too! I truly enjoyed my visit.

K.Cho

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank KCHO87
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for the Memorial Day weekend. We had a deluxe room. The hotel is full of antique furniture and beautiful paintings. Rooms are very spacious and nicely decorated. Big marble bathrooms have heated floors, which comes in handy during cold days. Service was absolutely impeccable: front desk and concierge took care of our every need and request. The unanticipated highlight of the stay, however, was their restaurant, XO. Their new chef is amazingly creative. Food was probably the best we ever tried anywhere, and servers were incredibly knowledgeable about every aspect of their food and wines. Thank you Le St-James.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms will provide the best bang for your buck.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ann V
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I loved this hotel! It is a small scale George V (Four Seasons Paris) in Old Montreal. It is everything you expect if you are accustomed to 5-star hotels.
GREETING. I was professionally and warmly greeted by all hotel staff. Door man, Concierge and Front Desk.
ATMOSPHERE. This hotel is in an old converted/restored bank building. The finishes and feel are "old money". I loved the boutique scale combined with traditional furnishings and elegance.
SERVICE. In a word OUTSTANDING. Upon check-in I was upgraded to a Queen Junior Suite. I loved the red tassel room key (not a credit card type key); just part of the charm. I was escorted up the elevator to my room and provided with an orientation of my room by the Concierge. Charming!
TECHNOLOGY. I was impressed by the fact that you control everything in your room on your touch-screen phone. I could turn on/off all the lights, adjust the room temperature in my room from the phone on my bedside. I could also set the alarm this way and even make a call! Impressive.
THE ROOM. Simply beautiful. It was furnished with antiques. The finest ironed linens, white marble bathroom and high end bath supplies.
THE DINING ROOM. Xo is their 5-star dining room. I had a salad followed by the scallop appetizer. Sounds simple but it was one of the best meals I've ever had.
Overall, OUTSTANDING. I can't wait to come back to this hotel. It is a jem!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
7  Thank 5starbabe
LeStJames, Manager at Hotel Le St-James, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear 5starbabe,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a detailed review about Hotel Le St-James! The staff was very humbled by all of your kind words­.

We look forward to hosting you again soon!

With very kind regards,

Elizabeth Glimenaki
Vice President, Sales and Marketing
T: 514-841-3111

Reviewed April 30, 2013

My best friend and I had the opportunity to stay at this Iconic Hotel last weekend for a quick weekend getaway. Words are just not enough to describe the wonderful time we had there: from the perfect doorman's greeting, the smooth check-in with escort to the amazing-one-of-a-kind room, the absolute cleanliness throughout the property, the great dining room, the beautiful & peaceful library as well as the exquisite overall design and comfort level: not a bad word can be said, simply the best stay we had in a Montreal Hotel so far (We’ve tried quite a few) so we simply had to share our unforgettable experience. Kudos to the St-James Hotel’s Team for their wonderful hospitality: Bravo!
Miss JAB

Room Tip: Tough one... there all different
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends