“Incredible Service”
Review of Hotel Le St-James

Ranked #52 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Our stay at Le St-James was quite perfect - it exceeded our expectations!

The hotel staff were truly sincere in the efforts to make you feel welcomed but more importantly, important! They went out of their way to offer their assistance and they meant it.
I have never experienced such genuine attentiveness.

Our room was beautiful (#1105) and the was shower exceptional.
The meals were also wonderful ... We enjoyed our breakfasts, our afternoon coffees, and our one dinner there was fabulous.

Running into John Malcovich, who was also a hotel guest, didn't hurt :)

I highly recommend Le St-James!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 9, 2012

This truly is the ultimate hotel experience...from the minute you arrive till the minute you leave.
We booked a one night stay after a cruise; what a luxurious way to end our trip.
Everyone from the bell staff, front desk staff, and restaurant staff were superb; very charming and welcoming and accommodating.
The hotel is stunningly beautiful, in a great location, very technology friendly and the quietest hotel I have ever seen; talk about a great night's sleep!
The bathroom was fantastic; great towels and amenities; beautifully designed.
Everything about the hotel is thoughtful and well designed; I just can't say enough about it and I am not prone to gushing like this; but I could go on an on.
We had dinner in the hotel restaurant; our waiter, I believe his name was Arnaud, was so thoughtful in recommending an entree based on my questions which made the dining experience even more special.
This was a great choice and I will return to this hotel if visiting Montreal in the future.

Room Tip: If ever you want to splurge on a suite; this is the place to do it!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank reallyrosieNashville
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I'm an admitted hotel snob. I have pretty high standards for comfort, quiet, cleanliness and amenities -- HLSJ lived up to all my expectations.
Favorite parts:
The stunning spa. If you get a chance at least take a look.
The towels. I love a good towel and these are giant!
Location, location, location. Right in the middle of everything, but quiet.
Etienne was quite helpful (and always seemed to be on duty!).
I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else in Montreal!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Christine R
LeStJames, Manager at Hotel Le St-James, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dear Christine R.,

We are very happy to hear that we were able to live up to your expectations.
So pleased that we are your destination of choice in Montreal.

À bientôt!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Thank you hotel le st-james for the most romantic, luxurious and relaxing weekend I have ever had at a hotel. I've stayed at other four stars in Ottawa and Toronto and the Fairmont's five-star Chateau Montebello but no other hotel has ever compared to your impeccable style and service. I felt like a vip the whole way through, from check-in, dinner, 5-course culinary experience, massage at the spa, to check out. The door man and concierge were expectional, very accommodating and never snobby. Front desk staff were excellent too and had this "yes" attitude which I have never come across at any other hotel. I can't forget our waiter/bartender - he was so friendly and charming! He explained and described every one of our five courses so elegantly and seamlessly...paying attention to the details without talking our "heads off".

And the restaurant...wow. If I couldn't afford Hotel St James in my budget, I would at least indulge in XOXO in a blue moon. Drinks, of course, were great, but most importantly the food was delicious every time. The five course meal is a must for foodies - best foie gras I have ever had the pleasure of tasting. Thank you Chef :)

We also indulged in the couples massage which was one of the best massages of my life...once again. It could be the heavenly hands of my masseuse, the essential oils, or maybe it was the candlelit cottage-like brick lair they had and the couples steam room. Definitely a top luxury spa in Montreal.

Rooms were elegantly designed and the marble bathroom was very spacious and romantic...just how I like.

I'm so excited to go back again and I'm sure it will be as wonderful if not better than my first experience.

p.s. We were able to get a tour of the Presidential suite. It's no wonder Madonna stayed there... :)

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Bonjour Natouhma,

We are honoured to hear that our staff was exceptional and accommodating during your recent stay with us. The team at Hotel Le St-James was very humbled by your kind compliments.

We are very glad to hear that your experience at XO Le Restaurant was nothing less than perfect. We have relayed your compliments to our Chef.

We were also very flattered by your wonderful comments regarding our Spa. We are glad you were able to have a relaxing and most enjoyable stay in Montreal!

We are happy that you stayed with us but even more excited to have you back!

Feel free to contact me if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

Thank you again for your detailed review!

Wishing you a pleasant afternoon,

514-841-3111

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Good location to both old Montreal and downtown, service is excellent, the rooms are tastefully decorated, try the XO restaurant for dinner the food is great, I would defintetly stay in this hotel again and again without a doubt

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Bonjour Jenny K.,

Thank you so much for your very kind review. It is fantastic to hear that you appreciated the location of our Hotel, along with the service.

Glad that you enjoyed your culinary experience in our Restaurant XO!

Come see us again soon!

Best wishes,

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Completely enjoyed our weekend stay in this Hotel. Excellent service. We were always greeted by our names. Freindly staff, stopped to converse, good advice for our day trips. Executive suites have everything you could ask for and then some.

XO Resteraunt dinner and breakfast meals were both excellent. Service was a little slow but relaxing. Ambiance was nice, we did have a large crowd in the evening we had dinner.

In the old finicial district of MTL, walking distance into old MTL ....perfect location. Great shopping area.

Attended Cold Play sold out concert on the night we arrived. No problems with quick check in and dash off to concert.

Bring lots of cash.

Would recommend and would return.

Room Tip: Have to go to Intercontinental Hotel for pool: Lap pool only
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
LeStJames, Manager at Hotel Le St-James, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Bonjour Mrs. Wingrove,

Thank you so much for posting a review on Hotel Le St-James.

We are so pleased to hear that you thought our staff was friendly and helpful during your recent stay with us.

We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Have a fantastic day,

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We recently spent four nights at the St-James. Upon arrival, we were upgraded through AMEX to a two-room suite. The room was classically appointed, spacious and impeccably clean. The bed was very comfortable and the bathrooms were extremely large and well equipped. Our only comment about the bathroom was that the shower door did not close all the way and there was some mold in the corner of the shower. The breakfast at XO was delicious each morning (especially the french toast and smoothies). Jean at XO made sure our sons had fresh smoothies every morning without asking and provided excellent, friendly service. The concierge was generally very helpful. We had one experience where someone, who was not the concierge, was at the desk, accepted a tip and said that he would make dinner reservations and did not do so. This was a minor issue in light of an overall wonderful stay. We highly recommend this hotel to anyone who visits the Montreal area. I hope that we are fortunate to stay in similar hotels in other cities.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank PBBJFamily

Dear 'PamandBradFamily',

We are extremely happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We also appreciate your comments regarding the bathroom and rest assured that it was corrected immediately.

As for Jeanne, she has been with us for 10 years! It is great to have someone as professional and caring as her amongst our team.

Thank you for choosing Hotel Le St-James! We hope to see you and your family again soon.

Best regards,