“Average but Affordable”

Royal Versailles Hotel
Ranked #99 of 166 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Stayed there two nights in early July and booked through Hotwire. The day desk staff was helpful and friendly. The gentleman on desk in the evening was unfriendly and unhelpful. When I asked for enough towels/pillows for the 4 of us in the room, he seemed annoyed and didnt speak. The room was clean and what I expected for a budget hotel. The pool area was clean and appreciated in the July heat. The location works as parking is included, many restaurants/shopping areas, and the metro is right outside the hotel. The hotel has no wow factor but, for an inexpensive stay in Montreal, its fit the bill.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 13, 2013

This hotel is located in the east side of Montreal, quick access to the motorway offers ample parking, this hotel is located near a very large shopping center and is adjacent to a subway station.

rooms are standard size with new furniture and a balcony that can make an extended stay much more enjoyable the bathroom are small. the touristic spot are not too far away and the downtown is a 15 minutes drive. The breakfast is very poor but few good restaurant are close by.

if you like my post please vote

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Daniel G
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I initially picked this hotel because it's very hard to find a hotel that includes parking, which was a big plus. But this was the only plus this place had to offer.
It's an average hotel; nothing special about it. The staff were friendly and the lobby looked nice and clean but the rooms were just okay. I found the bed to be quite small. I booked a queen bed and called the front desk to ensure that's what I had because it looked much like a double bed. However, they stated it was a queen.
The cable didn't offer many channels, which was fine for us because we were there to tour Montreal rather than staying in. The washroom was pretty small; not much room between the toilet and bathtub.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ana G
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Work booked me at this hotel.
ROOM 132; stayed for 4 nights
LIKED: Front desk people were polite and helpful for directions. The room was old but clean (perfectly ok). The internet connection was fast and reliable. Super close to metro station! Lots of small restaurants and a huge Loblaw’s close by within short walking distance.

DIDN'T LIKE: Could not open the drapes because windows faced directly on the parking lot with vehicles parked right up to the Windows. I was unable to sleep because of a constant dull humming sound (like a ventilator). I turned off the air conditioner and unplugged the mini fridge but the noise continued. Could it be the HUGE electrical transformer power plant just behind the parking lot? I know I maybe should have asked to change the room but I was so tired from work each evening and had to get up early next day.

I bought ear plugs at the Loblaw’s next door after the first night.

I would still recommend this hotel for budget conscious people but NOT room 132.

I would be interested in knowing if other people who stayed at this hotel had a similar experience (humming sound).

Room Tip: NOT ROOM 132! (See my review)
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jadefirehorse
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We had to change rooms because the toilet didn't flush. I tried to fix it but the mold on the tank was quite disappointing. Room was nice. Very quiet to sleep. The breakfast was included because they wouldn't book us a room unless it was included. Breakfast was average. Coffee was terrible.I wasn't sure if it was the cream had gone bad. The waitress was quick to inform us the tip was not included with the breakfast.

Room Tip: Pick a room at the back.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We spent a weekend with another couple here mid March because we had tickets to a soccer game.

Overall the hotel is fairly easy to find.
Once going in we were pleasantly greeted by the hotel people which was quite nice.

One thing that caught us off guard was that our rooms were about a 2 minute walk from the other couple we were with. I didn't understand why the 2 rooms were right beside each other. Not a big deal but it would have been courteous.

When in the room it was quite spacious. We had to beds even though we only needed one. Air Conditioning worked and the room was very clean.

Location is always a big factor when travelling and we picked this because we thought it was beside a Metro station. Guess what? It was beside a Metro Station!! This gave us easy access to Montreal without dealing with the traffic.

Most hotels have continental breakfast. This place makes you pay. My suggestion go eat somewhere tasty because breakfast here didn't look tasty.

Overall an average stay. Would I stay there again? Nah, probably not.

Room Tip: my tip to help you choose a good room is to ask for a good room. Hahaha
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wayner76
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Auberge Royal Versailles
This review is for a three star hotel and will be compared with other three star properties we have stayed in. The Auberge Royal Versailles is located outside the city center. It is easy to access by car and there are both buses and metro going downtown. The metro station Radisson is located less than 200 meters from the hotel and the metro takes you smoothly downtown. There is also located a huge and nice Loblaws grocery store and a small shopping mall only few minutes walk from the hotel.

Rooms:
The room was of average size. It felt clean and nice. The bathroom was a little worn down and rather small, but it worked out well. The hotel provided ok amenities.

Service:
The staff was friendly and provided good service. The cleaning staff was also very friendly and we had an overall good impression of the service provided.

We had an good stay at this hotel. If you are looking for a clean and good hotel we can recommend the Auberge Royal Versailles. We found it as a good base for exploring Montreal. We enjoyed the complementary parking and were happy to leave the car at the hotel and use public transport downtown. There were plenty of parking places. There are also a selection of restaurants in the vicinity of the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple