“Rarity Gluten-Free”

Spanel
Ranked #402 of 6,036 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Sud-Ouest (Southwest District)
Reviewed August 10, 2014

As crepes are such a part of French cuisine to find a restaurant that has both -- Delicious wheat crepes and GLUTEN-FREE crepes is a Rarity. This restaurant does exist - Spanel. The crepes we had at Spanel were delicious. The atmosphere quaint and delightful neighborhood! When visiting Montreal I highly recommend this restaurant for your creperie experience.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

Good food and lovely garden setting. The crepes were wonderful! Great place for brunch. I highly recommend it!

Reviewed May 4, 2014

This is a cute local café with excellent crepes and great coffee. The prices are fair. We enjoyed a nice afternoon outside on their outdoor terrasse. The service was friendly and efficient. I'd go back.
I had a lemon crepe and a filter coffee. Both were very good.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Was in the neighborhood and was looking to have a cup of coffee. I think we did the right thing when we enter this little relax cafe.I ordered La martiquaise and was sent to heaven the time I had my first bite. The latte was excellent. The DJ was playing great music but I think it was a little too loud. The decor was nothing special. Its obvious the star of the place was the food they make. Cant wait to go back again and have a table at the terrace.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

The food is very good and gluten free. The croissants were amazing just like the one we had in France a few months ago. This small restaurant is a diamond in the rough. An experience not to be missed. Make reservations if more than 2 people.
A very happy West Islander.