“Always great”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Outremont
Cross street: Fairmount
Transit: http://maps.google.ca/maps?um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=damas+restaurant&fb=1&gl=ca&hq=damas+restaurant&hnear=0x4cc91a541c64b70d:0x654e3138211fefef,Montreal,+QC&ei=AzUGTs_VD_Kt0AHLrpX7Cg&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=image&ved=0CAQQtgM&iwloc=cids:16638936419623292014
Description: Damas, an upscale Syrian restaurant located on Avenue Van Horne. You will be charmed by the Oriental decor and most impressed by their refined and rich cuisine. This modern but authentic gastronomy will make your mouth water with all their specialties starting from the fattouche, the appetizing mouth-melting lamb leg to the cherry kebab. The blend of aromas and the tasting of the delicious preparations will make the experience worthwhile.
Reviewed May 14, 2019 via mobile

Busy,reservation a must. Decor pleasant but can be noisy. Terrasse in spring and summer a good option.
Main course servings are huge.
Suggest a selection of cold and hot mesa appetizers.
Wine list average.
A favourite.
Not to be missed

Date of visit: May 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (1,330)

Reviewed May 13, 2019 via mobile

First and second visit was great
But the last time I went with a group of 8 was just a terrible experience
First they
Obliged us to order a group menu
So we couldn’t decide what to eat ...
They gave us what ever they wanted and we ask 3-4 times for hummus and never got it
Finally after long wait appetizers
And salad arrived
Lots of tasteless chicken
And dry lamb ....
Small quantity for a table if 8
Dry cookie for dessert
Let me tell you for 95$ plus taxes per person ( just food ) was so not worth the money
Wine list poor quality for high price
Service was also a2 star that night
Sorry maybe it’s better for 2 or 4 people at 6 or7 h

Like I said first 2 visits were good

Maybe il give it a last chance

Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

Couldn’t imagine that we have such a restaurant in Canada typically 5 stars, the service is perfect, the food is beyond any imagination it tastes like heaven, the ambiance is amazing.
This restaurant worth every penny, the portions the quality of the food, the variety, the generosity and the excellent service.. I traveled the world I ate in a lot of fancy places and I could tell you that Damas is one of my favourites.

Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

Service was off that night and food was just ok
But not worth 95$ tasting menu not even close... plus drinks and wine
4 people spent over 700$ plus wine overpriced as well
Wen tasting menu was 75$ was much better
Maybe because they are so busy they feel they can charge more and give less
Il be looking for other similar restaurants
Over charged

Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

My meal was fantastic, the waiter helped me to order and all of the recommendations tasted amazing. My only gripe would be that what he recommended I couldn’t finish and didn’t really want to haul it around with me back home so I left it. Will definitely go back with my wife next time and will order the same but will have help. Fouchette salad was superb, hummus was ok and the lamb was beautifully cooked but I tapped out before finishing