“Best fattoush”
Review of Damas Restaurant

Damas Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Damas Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 6,034 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Outremont
Cross street: Fairmount
Transit: http://maps.google.ca/maps?um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=damas+restaurant&fb=1&gl=ca&hq=damas+restaurant&hnear=0x4cc91a541c64b70d:0x654e3138211fefef,Montreal,+QC&ei=AzUGTs_VD_Kt0AHLrpX7Cg&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=image&ved=0CAQQtgM&iwloc=cids:16638936419623292014
Description: Damas, an upscale Syrian restaurant located on Avenue Van Horne. You will be charmed by the Oriental decor and most impressed by their refined and rich cuisine. This modern but authentic gastronomy will make your mouth water with all their specialties starting from the fattouche, the appetizing mouth-melting lamb leg to the cherry kebab. The blend of aromas and the tasting of the delicious preparations will make the experience worthwhile.
Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

Dinner at Damas was amazing. First, the waiter was knowledgeable, very nice and helpful.
Second, the dishes are amazing. The fattouch was awesome! The hummus was very good too. Our main dishes were all good although I preferred the grilled lamb. Other dishes had yogurt and it is not my taste. However, my family enjoy it.
We all had a wonderful time. I'll be back for sure.

1  Thank supernovea

Reviewed February 11, 2014

This place serves food that is cooked with lots of Love & High quality Ingredients.

I felt as if I was at home having a home meal from my mom's kitchen!!

Everything we tried from the Fattoush, Humus, Akawi Cheese, Syrian Baba Ghanouj, Kafta Niyeh (very special), Maqlouba & Fatet Humus were a delight.

Keep it up. You won me as a client for sure!!!

1  Thank ZGabster
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I rate the meal we had here as one of the best in many years. As someone else writes, I would describe the food as modern Syrian, refined, delicate and surprising with combinations of flavors I had not tasted before. We went with Lebanese/Iraqi friends and have all lived in the Middle East so had a good baseline for comparison.
We had one of the set menus and one of our party is vegetarian but the waiter was very helpful and offered to adjust the menu accordingly. The service was perfect, knowledgeable, attentive and just right on time without us having to think about it. And this despite the restaurant being completely full.
Of all the meals we've had during our three week stay in Montreal this was the absolute best, we'll go out of our way to come back to eat here.

1  Thank allthingsgood
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Amazing restaurant. Everything is perfect : place, food and service. I prefered the mezza on the main dish. Their fatouch is delicious.

1  Thank PaulaHaber
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely amazing food; delicious and beautiful. Having lived on the Middle East for 9 years, this is the best food I have found outside the region. Generous portions of mezza and great service.

1  Thank VictoriaHazou