“GREAT SERVICE & FOOD / LITTLE OVERPRICED”
Review of Damas Restaurant

Damas Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Damas Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 5,927 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Outremont
Cross street: Fairmount
Transit: http://maps.google.ca/maps?um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=damas+restaurant&fb=1&gl=ca&hq=damas+restaurant&hnear=0x4cc91a541c64b70d:0x654e3138211fefef,Montreal,+QC&ei=AzUGTs_VD_Kt0AHLrpX7Cg&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=image&ved=0CAQQtgM&iwloc=cids:16638936419623292014
Description: Damas, an upscale Syrian restaurant located on Avenue Van Horne. You will be charmed by the Oriental decor and most impressed by their refined and rich cuisine. This modern but authentic gastronomy will make your mouth water with all their specialties starting from the fattouche, the appetizing mouth-melting lamb leg to the cherry kebab. The blend of aromas and the tasting of the delicious preparations will make the experience worthwhile.
Reviewed August 22, 2013

The service was great, the waiter choose for use all the appetizers and it was excellent choices.

The main dishes were great, in exception of one who has a lot of yogurt and hide the real flavor of the lamb. Sorry i dont remember the name of the dish!

I totally recommend, but it is a little over priced.!

Cheers!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

This is definitely worth a visit. They have worked hard on the food and the service, which are both exceptional. The arak by the glass can be a little disappointing as it is tiny.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I visited this place about three times in the past year.I like its atmosphere and their service, I have to say that. The food is always delicious BUT what I feel annoying is how much you get and how much you pay, WAY overpriced!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Authentic Arabic food at your fingertips. It is an experience in culinary art. You must try the tasting menu. The price is very reasonable for the high quality food. Don't forget the mint tea to help digest all the delicious food!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We were in Montreal for the weekend. We haven't been there for years. My husband is Lebanese, and he wanted some Arabic cuisine. I read about Damas on tripadvisor and also yelp. As others have said, it is an upscale/pricey restaurant. It was a nice change from the usual 'fast food' Arabic that we have in Connecticut.
We started off with a selection of 6 cold appetizers. Presentation was beautiful and the taste was strong and distinctive. So wonderful. There were 4 of us. We then had our main meals. We shared the kebob, the lamb with bamia, the smoked lamb friki, and a stuffed eggplant dish (I don't recall the name). Each dish was cooked beautifully and the presentation was equally impressive. My favorite dish was the stuffed eggplant. It was stuffed with ground lamb, and the sauce was amazing. The kabob was a close second, stuffed with pignolia nuts, followed by the bamia. My least favorite was the smoked lamb. It was still good, but just not my favorite. Although my husband finished the whole thing and he loved it. We then had tea and a lovely house dessert that was a soft dough stuffed with cheese and smothered in rose water syrup. I don't remember the name, but it was decadent and lip-smacking delicious!
Our waiter, Romi (sp?) was amazing. He added to the experience by being attentive, kind, friendly and knowledgeable. We enjoyed talking to him during our meal.
We won't forget this meal for awhile. The presentation, the wonderful variation of flavors, the service, the ambiance...We will definitely be back on our next trip to Montreal!

1  Thank athenabar