“Great Green Panther experience”
Review of La Panthere Verte

La Panthere Verte
Ranked #344 of 5,991 Restaurants in Montreal
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Description: The Green Panther is a fresh, dynamic project whose main goal is to develop a more sustainable way of living in today’s urban reality. We support and create local alternatives, through the use of organic produce (local when available), recycled materials and by raising awareness.
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My son and I were visiting Montreal in August.
My nephew who usually lives in Montreal recommended the Green Panther and I am glad he did. We were staying at the Hostel on Mackay and we visited the Green Panther location just up the street - very convenient for us.
My teenage son tends to sleep in so we ended up going there right when they opened at 11am (We would have gone there the night before for supper but the website said they were closed - an oversight that probably needs to be remedied).
Our brunch was excellent - falafel and juice. Good meal.
I found Montreal a little pricey and the Green Panther I also found pricey but if I lived in Montreal I would be there at least once a week.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

The concept of this restaurant - a vegan falaffel cafe - is so unique! There were about 8 different falaffels and sandwiches to choose from, each one different and yummy! I had a plain falafel, and my mom had a tempeh sandwich. We also bought three different kinds of cookies for the road! :) I would definitely recommend the falafel, and they had a large array of vegan desserts. A must-visit if you're in the neighborhood!

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Went to the Mackay street location on a rainy Friday night. While I waited for the "best falafel" sandwich in town, I chatted with other patrons. The place is small with a very nice vibe, cozy. The salads are delicious, the falafel - truly the best I`ve ever had. Desserts aren't too shabby and the prices, really reasonable. It`s turned into my Friday night, after workout treat!

Reviewed May 9, 2012

La Panthere Verte has 2 locations. It is vegan and very eco-conscious. Most everything can be composted, and what can't can be recycled. The menu highlight is the most filling and tasty pita you'll ever have in your life. The falafel is a no-brainer, but there are a number of other interesting combos, like BBQ tofu. There are also a number of vegan baked goods (cookies etc.) and amazing smoothies. You can have a whole meal under $10, especially if you use the water cooler jug by the cashier and their cups. A great thing to do is to take your pita to go (wait about 2 minutes for it to be assembled and grab a sample of falafel or pita from the counter). When they call your name and hand you your warm, delicious paper bag, sit outside nearby. There's also the comfy window seating, or a number of other tables indoors. The decor is airy and bright; a number of plants creep along the ceiling, giving it a very comfortable and airy vibe. Sometimes they have an open mic or some other event. The service is bilingual and always very pleasant. It is honestly my favourite resto in Montreal. I grab my lunch from there every week or so, or take it to my husband. I crave these pitas if I don't have one for a while!

Reviewed March 2, 2012

Just back from the other location on Mackay street... Lovely place, so fresh and tasty :) Will go back there for sure