“Beats Juliette & Chocolat any day”
Review of Cacao 70

Cacao 70
Ranked #15 of 123 Dessert in Montreal
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Great place to start the day off with a very generous brunch, and if you feel that you still have room for it, indulge in one of their scandalous chocolate creations. They have amazing dark chocolate dishes, that are great for sharing. Try any one of their specialized hot chocolates, you will not be disappointed. During our last visit to the restaurant, we were a group of 8 women and we were seated promptly at one of their large solid wood tables. Service was friendly and efficient and the food as always, excellent.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I'm from New Jersey visiting my friends from Montreal and we decided to go to this restaurant for dinner. I am very pleased to say the service was exemplary and Gabriel was extremely helpful. I recommend this place to everyone!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I was looking for a great crepe restaurant in Montreal and found it. My dining companion and I shared the house special savory crepe - chicken and spinach - It was by far the best savory crepe that I have had. Lots of filing and very flavourful. We then shared desert crepe with dark chocolate and bananas and strawberries - YUM! I did a take away of the dark chocolate shake - Absolutely divine but I was glad I had ordered a small! Very rich! The only down side was our server - very inattentive to the point of being non-existent. To get anything we would have to flag down the hostess to get service. Would go back there again! Bill for two was $31 - shared main and shared desert with one small beverage.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is the most absolutely perfect restaurant for chocoholics! If you love chocolate, it shouldn't be missed!

To begin, the ambience was delightful and warm. Our server was experienced and helpful although somewhat overextended in the amount of tables he was helping.

The menu - with few exceptions, most of the items have a chocolate element built in to the point that it's almost impossible to decide on what to order. Everything looks so good! From waffles, sandwiches, salads, CHOCOLATE pizzas, crepes, milkshakes, fondue, and more... it's chocolate, chocolate, chocolate! Although the prices are not inexpensive, they are in line with the portion size and quality of the dish you order.

This would make a great date place!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

A true heaven for choc-a-holics. Immerse yourself in the beautiful smell of chocolate when you enter this lovely restaurant followed by the feeling of being a kid being let loose in a candy shop. Chocolate everywhere. Crepe, waffles, pizza, drinks, fruits, white, dark, milk, chocolate, chocolate, chocolate. But BEWARE!!! it's very easy to over indulge yourself. I had to do the walk of shame myself after a clear case of chocolate overdose. Great restaurant, excellent food, good ambiance, fair pricing, good service.