“Authentic Lebanese Food”

Neighborhood: Quartier International
Miami, Florida
“Authentic Lebanese Food”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Simple Lebanese food served fresh hand in large quantities. Very popular so the food is fresh. Many locations I like the one on st Catherine street second floor opposite Le Baie.
If you love Arab salads and shawarma, Basha owns the market.

• Visited October 2013

Enfield, Connecticut
“Excellent Lebanese cuisine”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Conveniently located off a metro stop, Basha is worth stopping in for a quick bite. Nothing fancy, just good food and lots of options. We had the Shish and Kafta Kebabs. Excellent - very flavorful! The salad was also out of this world. Friendly service.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Ken_Blanchard
Boston, Massachusetts
“Decent food, terrible service”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We were looking for some fast food at the end of the day before returning to the hotel and stumbled into this Basha restaurant. It was around 6:00pm and there were no other customers when we entered. There was no one behind the counter as well for a minute while we were browsing the menu displayed at the top. My wife picked the fafafel plate with her choice of five sides. Then the fun started. I tried to order something with chicken in it. I do not know any French, but tried my best to convey in English what I wanted. The store-keeper was speaking in English, but was speaking so fast that I could not understand what he was saying. I asked him politely a couple of times to repeat what he was saying to make sure I was following him (he was saying something about some chicken dishes would take about 15 min of waiting time and others would take less time and I was trying to see which one comes with rice and no waiting time). But the gentleman got visibly angry that I was not following what he was saying; soon his speech and body language turned condescending and hostile, at which point I gave up, paid for my wife's dish and left the place. I have traveled in multiple non-English speaking regions in three different continents and I like to think of myself as a soft spoken and polite person. This was the first time I was mis-treated so badly. The sad part was that my wife thought it was OK food, and I had to pick up my junk-dinner at a nearby McDonalds. But, buying the junk-dinner served with the corporate indifference of McDonalds was a better experience than being insulted at the Basha. I would not recommend this place to others.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank R J
Montreal
“Best of the Mid-East chain cafeterias”
Reviewed December 17, 2011

There is a type of mid Eastern chain restauarnt found in food halls, but also free standing. These are generally cafeteria style, decor varies with location. This is the best of the local chains with fresh salads and mideastern dishes. Tunover high enough to maintain freshness. Deco varies with location

• Visited December 2011
3 Thank Fstein
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Convenient if you're in the Palais de Congres!”
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Killer falafel and hummus, great vegetarian options... which is pretty unique in Montreal. I got the 'vegetarian plate' which allowed a selection of 5 vegetable salads... The lentils/rice were a little dry, but the eggplant was amazing, as was the avocado and the chickpeas.

Pitas for free! Plus they have diet cokes. Convenient if you're in the Palais!

• Visited November 2011