All reviews ping pong close to the airport trudeau airport fitness room separate bedroom atrium
Selected filters
Reviewed February 17, 2018 via mobile

We chose this hotel at the very last moment when we felt we wanted a quick getaway on a cold Canadian winter. The pool images looked inviting online, as did the games area.
Unfortunately, a pee-wee hockey tournament was here the same weekend. The hockey kids were obnoxiously loud and hogged the games tables and pool for themselves.
Avoid rooms around the indoor pool at all costs if your desire is to enjoy any semblance of peace and quiet. There’s cheesy tropical music blaring, the kids screaming, the kids running up and down the halls and banging on the doors.
The pool was open for all of 4 hours we were here. Closed around 6pm coinciding when the courtyard started to reek of vomit.
The kitchen in our suite had zero glasses, plates/bowls or cutlery. When we called the front desk we were instructed to go get some ourselves at the on-site restaurant.
The suite itself was lovely enough. Clean. Comfortable.
The rest of this experience was a nightmare and I couldn’t wait to depart.
Hard to hold the hotel accountable for the entirety of the experience, since the main culprits were the screaming hockey kids.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank J L
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2018

Hi J L,

Thank you for posting a candid feedback from your recent stay with us. I was concerned to see that you had some issues with our hotel particularly with the noise from other guests and the kitchen in your suite among the others. We always aim to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests that is why I regret to see that you did not have a great experience. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you during your stay and your comments will be shared with our management team to properly address your concerns.

Again, thank you for the review and for staying with us. I hope that you would still consider staying with us again in the future.

Regards,

Mike F..

Reviewed February 7, 2018

The hotel is easily reached from Trudeau airport. Bus departs every 30 minutes from door 9 on the departure level and takes about 10 minutes. I was arriving for a small conference and reception failed to give me conference pack which caused a small inconvenience but nothing serious. The room has everything you really need and is spacious. The only issue that I found with it was the noise from the heating/cooling unit which, in the end, I had to turn off and accept that it would be a bit cold in the morning. Even off it would burst in to life every now and then - I should have pulled the plug. I had breakfast and lunch as part of the conference package and the lunch in particular was very good. Although the hotel is showing its age, it was only in respect of the heating/cooling that this really impacted the experience of staying. The covered centre courtyard is a nice feature and makes a pleasant area to spend time.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank PhilipTorque
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2018

Hello PhilipTorque,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am thrilled to hear that our convenient location and spacious rooms contributed in making your experience comfortable and memorable. On the other hand, I am sorry for the inconvenience our cooling unit may have caused. It is not enough for us to be just good, we want to be exceptional and even though we could not fulfill your expectations this time, we will continue our work to improve all our services.

Thank you for being a part of our continuous efforts of creating great hotels that guests love. Your loyalty is always greatly appreciated and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G

Reviewed February 7, 2018

We were greeted by friendly staff at check in. She explained how everything would work with parking and how often the shuttle stops in for airport pickups.
This place has lots of parking so parking was not an issue (at least when we went).
The room was a bit dated. There were signs of a few updates going on but still looked like it needed some work. Our bed was comfy and gave a half decent sleep. Room came with a small keurig machine with three k-cups and some tea. We also had a small microwave and bar fridge. The TV was a smaller sized but still did the job.
Bathroom was pretty much what you would expect. Everything worked the way it was suppose to.
There was an onsite restaurant that had a special beer and a burger for $20. We never stopped in but looked like a nice place.
As for this tropical indoor atrium. Wow this is quite interesting. It boasts an indoor pool and a gaming area with billiards, air hockey, and a ping pong table. We also noticed that you can get a room right off the atrium. This probably would be great for kids.
The gym area was acceptable and the business area was a small one but did the job (two computers with one broken).

All in all it wasn't a terrible stay and the 24hr shuttle from the airport was pretty good. Rooms just need some updating.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Leamer

Hi Leamer,

I'm glad you stayed with Holiday Inn! I appreciate you highlighting the efficiency of the airport shuttle and the pleasant atmosphere of the atrium. We find fulfillment in exceeding our guests' expectations. I'm sorry to hear that the room is showing visible signs of wear and tear. If there are future upgrades to be made, your feedback will be used by hotel management.

We hope to have the honor of welcoming you back!

Kind regards,

Anna B

Reviewed January 23, 2018

The hotel is a menace with shuttles from the airport - in the evening they were running plain white (with Air Canada advertisements on it) and it was totally unclear it was Holiday Inn operated. Drivers can't keep to the schedule and were eeking for tips the entire time (large sign at front).

Reception staff have a lazy attitude to customer care and enquiries. After reporting it, a broken safe and toilet seat hanging off the loo were not acted upon, despite being told twice. Staff are short on the phone too.

Room is unappealing, dated and might have been OK in the 80's. Sink is outside.

My bath had pubes and long ladies hairs in it upon arrival, so cleaning staff also don't appear to give a hoot. Despite asking for bed cover change (I'd bled from my nose on covers), this was also completely ignored for three days.

Staff and property are a match made in heaven - from a bygone era. Avoid.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank lukeyboy95
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2018

Hi lukeyboy95!

Thanks for choosing us for your trip in Montreal and sharing your concerns. We're very sorry about the issues with our shuttle operations and lapses in our Front Desk and housekeeping staff's service. This is certainly not what our hotel strives for, nor is this our usual or our best. I reviewed your comments with our Housekeeping Supervisor and Front Office Manager so we can provide the appropriate follow up and training with our staff. I also reached out to you privately to learn more about the details of your stay, and I look forward to your reply.

Once again, thanks for your feedback, and we hope to win back your heart and try us again!

Safe travels,

Gian M

Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

The parking lot, front and back, was a disaster. The snow was allowed to pile up so much that it greatly impacted the number of available parking spots. The photos on the website are very misleading. The rooms were tired looking. Sinks outside the cramped washroom?!? To their credit, I expected to find bugs, but I did not see any. Staff were cordial and nice. Certainly not up to Holiday Inn standard.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank DrPSDPM

Hi DrPSDPM,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is great to know that you appreciated our staff. However, I am sorry to read that some of our amenities and facilities did not live up to your expectations. We appreciate your comments on the aspects of the room that need updating and rest assured, this will be shared with management to determine the areas that will benefit from additional attention.

We value you as our guest and hope we can welcome you back and provide you with a better experience in the future.

Kind Regards,