“Great hotel, everything you need, great staff”

Holiday Inn Montreal Airport
Ranked #75 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
“Great hotel, everything you need, great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

Stayed there for 2 nights, was there all day and from breakfeast in the morning until the bar at night, everything was great. Front desk was proffesional, housekeeping were clean, and the restaurant staff gave great service and the food was delicious. Will stay again next time in the city.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Turkish first
St. John's, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

The restaurant was nice. Food was hot and fast and tasty. Was travelling with my parents so we booked two rooms. I had the only key to my room and my parents room was just down the hallway. My mother has a scent allergy and the cleaning products or sprays used to freshen the room were strong. They chose the less smelly room.
I had to go to the airport to return our car rental and make travel changes and it was late when I got back from the airport. We were only guests in the hotel for a few hours because of a late check in and very early flight. It was late when I returned to the room. When I used the washroom I noticed the toilet was not cleaned and had hairs on the seat. It was 1AM and my wakeup call was for 3:45 so I called the front desk and they apologized and said 'sorry sir - the washroom should have been cleaned" I agreed and was about to vent but decided to hang up the phone and not lose any more sleep. I cleaned the toilet seat with a hot facecloth and towel. I kept my clothes on and slept on top of the bed.
The shuttle to the airport was on time.

Room Tip: Check the room upon check-in thoroughly before you unpack. Do a walkthrough / inspection and decide...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Montreal Airport, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear MDB_NL,

Thank you so much for your recent comments. It is nice that you found the service received from our restaurant to be at par with expectations. However, please accept my apology that the maintenance levels on site were less than satisfactory. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Montreal hotels

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Food was excellent at the bar.
Room service food average.
Great indoor pool and atmosphere.
Suitable for business and family.
Friendly staff, great value for money

The only thing that needs more attention is the shuttle frequency.

• Stayed January 2013
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here on an overnighter and left the vehicle for the week and have done this on numerous years whenever we travel out of Montreal. The hotel is nice and the rooms were clean. There was nothing really outstanding here. The checkin was as expected. I did not eat at the restaurant so I can't comment on that. The price includes the room for the night, a week's stay with the vehicle, and transportation to and from the airport. I was very affordable and well worth the money knowing that you are at an airport and can rest easy the night before as you are already there. There is a nice indoor pool for the kids if needed and was very clean from what I've seen.
My only negative is that we were told there was no shuttle for the time we needed (too early) so we paid for a cab. While we waited for the cab the next morning, the shuttle was there to pick up travellers and it was full. People we talked toi arrived the previous evening well after we did and got the free shuttle. I would have appreciated if they payed for my cab but that didn't happen of course. Other than that, no complaints.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Montreal Airport, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear hotsunwarmwater,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. It is pleasing to know that you found our rooms to be comfortable. I apologize for the issues you encountered with the shuttle. I appreciate you letting us know about this as this is our best means of improving our efforts.

We are hoping that you give us the pleasure of hosting your next stay in the area.

Regards,

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
California, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I am a Priority Club member and the staff at the front desk was very professional, helpful and speedy check-in. The pool was lovely, though it was bit busy with family and kids. The beds were very comfortable and the whole staff was very kind! It was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Peterborough, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn at the Montreal Airport April 24, 2013 for a park and Fly. This hotel is a little further from the airport but they have a free shuttle on a frequent time schedule. I drove to the hotel without a reservation but no problem. I do have status with HI properties so they granted me a free upgrade which turned into a suite. Kind of a waste on one lone traveller but it was very nice. The front desk staff were very friendly and spoke perfect english. The Hotel is very nice. I have had opportunity to stay at a variety of HI properties as well as their competition. This hotel will satisfy most people. The room and bed were great. I did not eat or drink at the hotel but their facilities looked very nice. The shuttle driver in the morning was on time and again spoke perfect english. On my return I easily found the correct place to wait for the shuttle but it was already there. The driver was agin very friendly and I believe as an Anglophone. His english made it seem that way to me. The drive back the hotel and my car was just a few minutes. I had parked the car there for $20 for a week. A very good deal I reckon. The hotel is close to the major Hwy 40 so I was quickly back on the road to the west and my home.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Onourway547
Niceville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Because we were driving we really wanted a place with free parking. Most of the airport and downtown hotels charge for parking. That is a big "plus" for this property. Without a car, we would have used the free airport shuttle.

Our room-without-a-view (who cares?--we just wanted a place to sleep after arrival) was very comfortable. Our room had a king bed, microwave, and refrigerator. Staff were friendly and helpful. Our waiter in the restaurant had a great sense of humor.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montreal
Quality Hotel Dorval Aeroport
#69 of 163 in Montreal
Days Inn & Conference Centre -  Montreal Airport
Quality Inn & Suites P.E. Trudeau Airport-Montreal
Crowne Plaza Hotel Montreal Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Montreal Airport? Share your experiences!