Montreal Botanical Gardens

from $18.59
from $102.61
from $250.00
7,057 results
All reviews chinese garden rose garden alpine garden full bloom butterfly exhibit lantern festival bonsai trees jardin botanique first nations olympic stadium few hours sunny day insectarium lanterns lilac cactus blooming
Selected filters
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I came here specifically to see the Mosaicultures exhibit and it was amazing - definitely original and maybe the coolest thing I saw on my visit to Montreal. I honestly didn't check out much of the rest of the gardens - it seemed nice but not the best I've seen. I don't know what other kinds of special exhibits they put on during the year, but Mosaicultures is not to be missed.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We were lucky to vist Montreal during the Mosaïcultures Internationales Montréal 2013. We were in town for one day and decided to spend it at the Jardin Botanique. The exhibits were amazing and the static gardens were also beautiful. The diversity of plan and insect species is very impressive. You will not be disappointed.

Date of experience: June 2013
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Absolutely loved the plant sculptures! We have never seen so many in one place. The creativity and work put into them was astounding. Would definitely recommend! (On display this year from June 22 - Sep 29). One of the best places we visited in Montreal.

Date of experience: June 2013
Reviewed July 14, 2013

What a surprise to find the Mosicultures Internationales Montreal at the Botanical Gardens. Absolutely amazing and inspiring! We are gardeners, and found inspiration at every turn!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We went to see the Mosaïcultures internationales® 2013 and it was magical and beautiful unlike anything I have ever seen at the gardens before. I highly recommend it.

I do have to mention though that their was a great lack of decorum when it came to the little train driver we experienced as we drove the 20 minutes drive around the gardens. First of all his walkie talkie radio was way TOO LOUD it diminished the beauty of the settings we were being shown. Pretty sure he did that on purpose to avoid talkign to people. Second, he was probably following rules but a whole cart reserved for handicapped people (6 seats!) was kept empty on a train where he specified there was "NO STOPPING ALONG THE WAY". This cart could have been filled nicely at the last minute with eager older tourists begging to get on who were not handicapped. Or he could have stopped to pick up a few elderly people along the way who were flagging him down for a ride. It was a deadly hot day and I just found that really cruel. Wouldn't you strive to make tourists happy and not frustrated? Its not like we were going 100 miles an hour! Thirdly people along the way would ask him where they could get the train when he rudely shouted as he passed by them that there was "NO STOPPING LONG THE WAY." Then instead of telling them the only train stop was a 20-30 minute walk up the lane. He shouted "ask the man over there" and continued along his way. SO RUDE. I was ashamed as a Montrealer to see this. Several times I had to shout to people running along the train (IN ENGLISH) where to get the stop. So young man driving the train on July 13th named VINCENT TWO THUMBS DOWN FOR YOU! I expect more decorum from tourist guides and I don't care how young you are. You represent Montreal. One other complaint was a lack of water at the gardens. It was so hot out there - instead of selling only packaged ice cream sell some bottled water and don't give me environment excuses - you sell so many plastic packaged items there - whats one more. There are recycling bins everywhere! We were dying of thirst and water fountains were few and far between.

3  Thank ChristinaB42