Montreal Botanical Gardens

More Info
from $90.03
More Info
4,653 results
All reviews chinese garden rose garden alpine garden full bloom lantern festival butterfly exhibit bonsai trees jardin botanique first nations olympic stadium sunny day insectarium japanese lanterns gardening cactus lilac
Reviewed today via mobile

I go to the botanical garden with my kid almost every month. Great service and friendly personnel. Strongly recommend visiting this place to anyone especially to those with kids

Reviewed 4 days ago

I normally wouldn't visit a garden in November, but it was open and I've enjoyed visiting in the past.

Unfortunately, many major areas were completely closed, including the entire Japanese Pavilion. Maintenance staff were everywhere, often driving vehicles around and operating loud machinery. Very few flowers were on display.

And yet, I was charged the full price of a ticket.

Frankly, they have no business charging admission during this time of the year. After buying my tickets, I was dismayed to see that no one was actually at the gate to check tickets; people were just walking in for free. I felt severely ripped off.

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

The Montreal Botanical Gardens is amongst the greatest public gardens worldwide. With it's greenhouse pavillions that have the nicest plants from all over the world on exibit to the giant multi themed outdoor part it is a beautifull place to visit. Plan a whole day if you want to see it all, this place is huge!

1  Thank Jean-Raymond D
Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

the garden is very beautiful but not recommend on a hot day. My kids were very bored and the Restaurant in the gardens was very poor and over priced. This is not the place for children!

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

I've been to the Botanical gardens since I was a child and it has always been an amazing experience. My wife and I recently went with our nephews, mother and father in law and had an amazing time. The gardens are a treasure in the city, especially the Chinese Gardens and the Boreal. Our nephew was able to create his own Bonsai tree as the time we went was celebrating the Japanese Bonsai. If you are visiting Montreal check out the gardens and Old Montreal especially.

Reviewed 6 days ago

It's always an amazing experience to visit this garden in summer time. We can see varies types of tulip flowers with unique structures and shape. It's our best choice to visit whenever we are in Montreal for the summer tour.

Reviewed 6 days ago

The variety at this botanical garden is amazing, starting from Japanese culture to special exhibitions you can find anything. It is well worth spending even maybe a whole day here, just walking around and checking out the different gardens and exhibitions.

In terms of logistics, waiting at the entrance doesn't take longer than 10 to 15 minutes even on a crowded weekend and the prices are affordable. One downside of the place is their restaurant which doesn't have a big variety and it's kind of pricey, but then who goes to a botanical garden for their restaurant?

Reviewed 1 week ago

Of course spring is the best time to go, but winter will give you great landscapes too. You can visit the whole gardens in about 2 hours but, if you have the time, stay for the night show, where they light up their three main gardens. It's a sight worth waiting for.
The green houses will show you plants from all over the world and the gift shop is really worth it.

1  Thank Thianda
Reviewed 1 week ago

During the month of October the garden comes alive at night with lights. Walking through the Japanese Garden came to life with lighted replicas of dragons, pandas and people. Lighted paths led us to a magical land of make believe. Although you need reservations starting at 6, new groups leave on the half hour and you actually go at your own pace. Get there early and take in the hot houses filled with flowers, plants and painted pumpkins.

1  Thank P7894CSmichelled
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This is kind of a late review but I want to tell you guys who loves nature and would like to go for a walk with beautiful and calming views. Since it was also my first time in Canada(dreams do come true) this place is one of the place that you should visit. By the I way, I went there last year around September. The place was huge but wasnt be able to go all around but able to see beautiful flowers, they have cute falls also. They have like a house made of twigs that I found amazing on how they build it. They have intrance fee and I think they can have a small picnic. Its good for lovers or families especially for kids.

1  Thank maximaasenjo22