“Thoroughly Enjoyable”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Llle-Bizard-Sainte-Genevieve
Reviewed April 6, 2019 via mobile

What a nice bring your own wine restaurant. The menu is very small but that allows the chef to make every item on that menu superb. The filet mignon was perfection. The escargot in phyllo pastry divine. House salad had a great selection of greens but for me the salad dressing was too sweet. For dessert I had one of the best creme brulee ever. A little pricey at $9.50. I was pleased that they had Splenda and not that cheap Equal or Sweet and Low. A fast way to ruin a good coffee. The service was excellent. Since there is only one sitting you don't feel rushed. Make reservations well in advance. My husband and the other couple were also pleased with their menu selections. I highly recommend this restaurant for a superb French style meal.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed April 5, 2019

We thoroughly enjoyed the fine dining in a comfortable relaxed atmosphere. A very good selection on the 'Table d'Hote'. Gracious hosts and good service. Will return for sure.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 4, 2019

We go here about once a month and my mouth is watering thinking about the next time we go.
This is a family owned and operated restaurant and you will be surprised at how good the food and service are.
It's a "bring your own wine" restaurant so you'll want to spend a little extra on that special bottle of wine for you to enjoy a truly special evening :)

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 31, 2019

I really enjoyed the restaurant, My second time. Same good food, great friendly service and ambiance. The size of the dishes is good. Not really a Nouvelle Cuisine.
It is a BYOW. The prices are adjusted accordingly.
As the restaurant is smaller, some patrons, after wine, tend to be louder. Not a fault of the restaurant. Just take it into consideration.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed March 24, 2019

We spent a wonderful evening with another couple at this special historic place once the home of Denis Benjamin Viger. You really feel like dining in a private home. The food and service were very good although I found it slightly overpriced and over seasoned for what we had. But you could taste the fresh and high quality ingredients and the BYOW option surely makes a big difference. I score it less than good because of the atmosphere created by other guests that gave the place the tone of more of a tavern than of a classier bistro. The place although quite small was very noisy such as you could hardly hold a conversation across the dinner table and more annoying than this, there was a constant flow of several of the guests in and out of the place going for a smoke. After some time I started to count the trips and the most ardent of them went for it up to 4-5 times, each time dressing up with winter coats and taking them off after right in the vicinity of our dining plates. So, if you do not mind this kind of forced tobacco infused intimacy, the food and service are really worth the visit.

Date of visit: March 2019