“Bistrote is a hidden montreal gem -- mouth watering”
Review of La Bistrote

La Bistrote
Ranked #25 of 66 Coffee & Tea in Montreal
Neighborhood: Le Sud-Ouest (Southwest District)
Neighborhood: Le Sud-Ouest (Southwest District)
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bistrote is a hidden montreal gem -- mouth watering”
Reviewed February 25, 2012

I highly recommend La Bistrote !! The sandwiches are delicious. My two favourites are the texan, which is a delightful smoked turkey, aged cheddar, roasted red pepper and caramelized onions with a maple-chipotle mayo (mmmmmmm!). The bread is perfect, not too toasted, not too crunchy, not too soft, and the sandwich is hot and fresh. I also love the south-ouest sandwich. The salads are great too - the tex mex is served in a large tortilla bowl with beans, avocado, greens, chicken, cheddar and salsa. With a Caesar vinaigrette.

The place has charm, warmth and amazing service. The ambiance makes you feel like you are at home. I cant talk it up enough
try it out!!!

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Samara P

Calgary, Canada
“Best breakfast sandwich!”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I went to La Bistrote after a physio appointment. I was starving. Since it was close to lunch time but I still wanted something "breakfasty", I opted to have the Western Sandwich with a soy latte. I was not disappointed.

The Western Sandwich as filling, with tons of egg, bacon, cheese, peppers and green onions. And, the French-style bread it was served on was fantastic!

What I found particularly interesting to watch was that, customer after customer, the owner and her staff seemed to know each one of them. The atmosphere is so friendly and relaxing. I really enjoyed my meal there!

• Visited November 2011