“Cool good restaurant ”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Ville-Marie
Cross street: DeMaissoneuve
Transit: Situated in the heart of downtown Montreal, Deville Diner bar is steps away from Metro Peel found on the green line.
Description: The next evolutionary step in classic American Diners. Deville Dinerbar is the lovechild of whimsical nostalgia with the spirit of the 21st century. Inspired by the past and re-imagined for today,the authentic diner featured on our menu is a tribute to the food we grew up on.
Reviewed May 26, 2019 via mobile

Came here with my family during a trip to plan my wedding. Restaurant layout is pretty cool. Mostly booth seating and a decent size bar. Food was awesome and portions were large. Good stop if you’re in the area or on St Catherine street for some shopping!

Date of visit: May 2019
Reuben's Devill... G, Guest Relations Manager at Deville Dinerbar, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2019

We're pleased you found us on your recent trip, CLO247! Wishing you a wonderful wedding!

Reviewed May 18, 2019

it was recommended by our hotel as a quick place to eat with two kids. It was ok. It is a loud place. Very touristy. Doubtful locals eat here. The portions are huge but bland. Service wasn’t great either. Our server was constantly trying to upsell when ordering. He convinced my 12-year-old daughter to order a hanger steak with some sort of blueberry glaze and mashed potatoes instead of the steak frites as she wanted. His words “the steak frites are not very good”. He was also trying to rush us through our meal and had a bit of attitude. To be honest I didn’t leave a great tip. Burger for the other child was huge and must have been good as she finished it. None of us ate the poutine as they use cheese whiz.
Lobster spaghetti was uneventful. Meal wasn’t terrible. Similar to what you would get in a restaurant in a mall.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reuben's Devill... G, Guest Relations Manager at Deville Dinerbar, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2019

We’re disappointed to hear of your dissatisfaction during your recent visit with us, Maw11! We take pride in providing not only top quality dishes made of the best ingredients, but excellent customer service as well. Could you please send us a direct message with details of your visit (server's name/description, table number/location, date and time of your visit) so that we can investigate the situation.

Reviewed May 13, 2019 via mobile

This restaurant is quite pricey, but the menu items are quite unique so I was anxious to try it. I love lobster, so I ordered the lobster spaghetti. While it was tasty, I was not happy with the fact that the dish came with 2 lobster claws. I’m certain many of you love the taste of lobster, but have no desire to fight for the meat. I don’t enjoy cracking open lobster, and had I known the lobster meat wasn’t already in the dish, I would not have ordered it. I sent an email to the establishment to make the suggestion that this info be added to the menu, but never received a reply.
Having said this, I would like to add that the waiter was excellent.

Date of visit: May 2019

We're pleased you enjoyed your recent visit with us, EvelynH65! Your feedback regarding the Lobster Spaghetti has been passed on to upper management for our next menu update. We look forward to having you back to dine with us again soon!

Reviewed May 9, 2019

American-like diner with great burgers and good salads. If you like this kind of 50s nostalgia, this is the place for you in midtown. Good service

Date of visit: April 2019
Reuben's Devill... G, Guest Relations Manager at Deville Dinerbar, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2019

We're happy to hear you enjoyed our food and ambiance, DaKe72! We look forward to having you back to dine with us again soon!

Reviewed May 5, 2019 via mobile

As stated, this place is expensive. $30 for a burger and side salad. But the burger was soooo good. They cooked it perfectly and it had bacon and cheese. It was so flavorful that I did not need to add any dressings.

My niece got the edamame. It was seasoned well. She also got the Mac and cheese wontons which were not seasoned well.

I suggest making reservations because it gets pretty busy in the evenings.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reuben's Devill... G, Guest Relations Manager at Deville Dinerbar, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2019

We're pleased you and your niece enjoyed your meal with us! All of our dishes are created using top quality ingredients, carefully prepared by our kitchen staff. Great suggestion on making a reservation for visits during peak hours!

Been to Deville Dinerbar? Share your experiences!