“Belle Province is a 5 star resto compared to this!”
Review of Deville Dinerbar

Deville Dinerbar
Reserve with OpenTable
Deville Dinerbar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #92 of 5,712 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Cross street: DeMaissoneuve
Transit: Situated in the heart of downtown Montreal, Deville Diner bar is steps away from Metro Peel found on the green line.
Description: The next evolutionary step in classic American Diners. Deville Dinerbar is the lovechild of whimsical nostalgia with the spirit of the 21st century. Inspired by the past and re-imagined for today,the authentic diner featured on our menu is a tribute to the food we grew up on.
Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Canada
“Belle Province is a 5 star resto compared to this!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I went to Deville Dinnerbar this evening and was greated to an issue as I walked in the door. We were a group of 14 going to the resto for a 8pm confirmed reservation and was told it is at 9 (while having a voicemail that confirmed the reservation at 9).

Bartenders were great while we waited .. Friendly and entertaining.

I ordered the vegan burger since on a strict regiment and had to return my order THREE times! Bread was soggy when asked to have a bun on the side, peppers left on my burger when specifically requesting to remove them and I asked for a side salad but got fries. I can tell you that I did not order another plate just to make sure I didn't need to return it for a fourth time! I had to eat part of my boyfriend's plate to eat anything.

I've eaten in five star restaurants all around montreal and around the world and let me tell you I would have prefered to eat a French frie and hot dog from la belle province and I would have been more satisfied with my evening here.

If I wasn't here for a birthday I would have walked out. The manager did absolutely nothing and the waitress did her best and was extremely polite through the whole situation. Our reservations were screwed up and nothing was done to clear up the issue .. Not even a free drink for the birthday girl.

This restaurant has left an extremely bad taste in my mouth and I will never come here again. Horrible restaurant

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Amanda P
MtlMuriel, Guest Relations Manager at Deville Dinerbar, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Hello Amanda,

I have taken up your comments with the owners, and I would like to apologize on their behalf. First for the mix-up in the reservation time, we have changed our group reservation policies and it is possible this caused the crossed-wires.

We will review your comments with our staff to ensure that our service is always at a level that we believe it should be. In regards to the Vegan burger, vegetables release water when cooked and even after the cooking finishes, that is why we chose not to offer it with a bread bun, but to use grilled mushrooms, as it is indicated on our menu. We did our best to accommodate your request, and we are sorry that the resulting plate was not to your expectations.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto Canada
“Friends recommendation didn't do this place justice, wow!”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

A friend recommended Devilles to me before a business trip, and to be honest I forgot the name. Fortunately the concierge at my hotel needed only to know it was local beer and amazing burgers, to know the Devilles was the place I was after. Arriving on a Tuesday night we were shocked how busy they were yet our group was seated quickly. The service was amazing from start to finish, I was very impressed. The decor was a well done twist of an old school diner but with a trendy club feel. The best part though was by far the food. The whole menu was a unique blend of diner classics and modern twists. I was there for the burgers and wow was i happy with my choice. Any description I give will never do them proper billing however I will say that my whole group ordered burgers, not one left a crumb behind. Just go, get a burger, you can thank me later.

P.S. The in house beers are fine craft brews.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank William C
MtlMuriel, Guest Relations Manager at Deville Dinerbar, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words! We are very proud of our service and decor, but our hamburgers stole the show, as they should!
Montreal, Canada
“Fun evening”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Went there before the Oprah show at Bell Centre in April. Despite the number of people they had to serve in a very short period, the service was very good and staff very nice. The food was excellent as usual with nice presentation. There is something for everyone.

Visited April 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Mixed feelings”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

It is hard to rate this place because some things were great, whereas others were plain weak.

So let's start with the highlights! Good service, courteous, discreet, won't rush you no matter how busy it is. Decor looks great: classic diner with a hip 21st century twist. The fried pickles are a must-have, and the two dips that they come with are to die for. The banana cream pie is an exquisitely decadent treat that you totally deserve. The menu in general is impressive and we must praise its creativity. As for the Philly cheesesteak spring rolls, the idea is nice, the flavor is there, but the cheese sauce could use a little refinement and, mostly, suffered from its temperature. Shouldn't it be hot?

Our disappointments were the main dishes. Both of them. The meatloaf is tasty: yet, it really is nothing but a well-executed meatloaf. Don't be fooled by the aged-cheddar promise: you'll find it in only one bite, two if you're lucky. The gravy is fine, yet salty, but does not honor the mushrooms. But the major turn-off was the hibachi steak sandwich. Not only was it simply served with two slices of regular toasted sandwich bread, but it suffered from a cruel lack of moisture. The meat was well-cooked, but not properly seasoned and / or marinated. There was not enough daikon and sprouts slaw to balance the dryness of the over toasted bread. When you think about it, this was a 20$ sandwich that definitely didn't measure up.

The place has a great potential, but it let us down.

• Visited April 2013
Montreal
“Awesome!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Amazing food, good location and very cozy inside but very fancy at the same time! Food was delicious. Waitress was very knowledgeable on the dishes! It's a bit pricey but if you're looking for a good burger with a good atmosphere then this is a great place! Would definitely go a second time!

• Visited February 2013