“Expensive, Cold, Unfriendly and Cheesy”
Review of Deville Dinerbar

Deville Dinerbar
Reserve with OpenTable
Deville Dinerbar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #92 of 5,712 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Cross street: DeMaissoneuve
Transit: Situated in the heart of downtown Montreal, Deville Diner bar is steps away from Metro Peel found on the green line.
Description: The next evolutionary step in classic American Diners. Deville Dinerbar is the lovechild of whimsical nostalgia with the spirit of the 21st century. Inspired by the past and re-imagined for today,the authentic diner featured on our menu is a tribute to the food we grew up on.
Toronto
“Expensive, Cold, Unfriendly and Cheesy”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

1. Expensive - I want to make it clear that I did not taste the food. I was detered from ordering because of the expensive prices and difficult to read BIG and small letters menu. I instead opted to have a drink with my friends. A mixed drink Markers and 7up is $10.00 and a slush Mojito was $14. It is very Expensive.
2. Cold - The decor is certainly far from being cool and slips into cold. The bar stools are too seperated to have a good socila conversation with friends at the bar. I like every aspect of being social at a bar so please turn off that large 10x10 TV playing several programs all at once. Less is more and simplicity is always so much more inviting than a nouveau diner concept that doesnt warm the soul.
3. Unfriendly - The greeters said hello (they HAVE to), but the bartender and some service staff just walked by. The bartender finally came to us group of 4 and only took the order from two people. Was it because the bar seats were far apart and we did not look like we are together? Someone else took our order. Be nice its also your job.
4. Cheesy - I hate the decor. You might like it but I certainly dont. Too cheesy for me and a lost artistic content because of commercialism.

I wont go back nor recomend it to anyone. Montreal has much more art to life than a US commercial momeymaking concept.

1 Thank MelosToronto

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Montreal, Canada
“Used to be good at the beginning... Not anymore.”
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

When this restaurant first opened, it was different and unique from all the other restaurants out there. There was a Unique feature allowing the customer to control the jukebox from your mobile device. Amazing items on the menu such as tuna tacos, best prime rib dip, and delicious beignets for dessert. This joint offered the perfect balance of drinks, food & lounge atmosphere at anytime of the day. However through time, the service as well as the management became less and less caring. Even if we had reservations, they did not let us sit at the table until the whole party showed up. And when we all did, they said they gave our table away so we had to wait even longer. But when we got to our table, we realized that there were other available tables around that would have be fine for us. Another time, they told us that any customer under 18 had to be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. No where on the site or when you go into the restaurant is it written. The majority of the party were of age but still didn't make a difference. The place didnt look packed yet they told us we had to wait 20 mins and wait outside. There is always a problem, the hostesses can never make a decision so it always has to go through the manager which makes the customers feel bad. They no longer have a welcoming attitude

Montréal (Saint-Lambert), Québec
“Fun food at a price...”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

The two of us went there for an early Thursday night supper before going to see a show. Place wasn't too busy when we got there although the terrasse was full. Were seated on the second floor mezzanine next to table for 4 with a glass partition in between - like in the old days! Menu is quite extensive with too many fun food choices; we by-passed the appetizers but I could have gone for a bunch of them! My companion chose the maple-glazed rotisserie chicken with rice and I decided to go for the bacon-wrapped meatloaf. She quite enjoyed her chicken and I must say it looked quite good. I rather enjoyed my meatloaf with the exception that the gravy that was served with it was way too salty. It diminished my rating to average because of that. The portion are quite sizeable so we didn't save room for dessert but they all sounded quite deelish! The bill came to 60 CAD with tip for our two mains and a beer for me - so a little pricey. Would I go back? I believe I will and will be sure to sample other offerings on the menu.

Laval, Canada
“Amazing atmosphere and amazing salads!”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I went for the first time and it's such a cool restaurant in the heart of downtown Montreal. It's a dinerbar and the menu is very interesting. We had 2 massive salads and they were delicious; a bit pricy for salads, but it's fine because the atmosphere is so cool. You can even download a free app that is a Jukebox where you selected songs that play over the stores speakers. It has a lot of fatty foods which I'll definitely try one day lol. i will be back soon enough to try more of their menu items.

Stratford, Ontario
“food - good; service - not so much”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Everyone enjoyed their meal, so no complaints there. On the service side, it's clear they focus on throughput a little too much. We were a group of seven. After we were seated everyone received a glass of water. After a bit of a wait, the waitress appeared, and wanted to take entree orders. We asked if we could start with a drink - she hadn't even offered!

• Visited July 2012