“Best food!”

Ranked #122 of 6,036 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Cross street: Bonsecours
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Small and cozy but very hip. Friendly wait staff that will suggest the best food that night. We shared lots of meals here while working in MOntreal - always knew whatever we ordered it would be delicious.

1  Thank laurensd1111

Reviewed April 1, 2014

We fell on Le Bremner by chance while trying to book a table for two at Garde Manger, and it turned out to be fantastic!

To start with, the place is super cool - from the quirky underground (signless) entrance on St. Paul, to the dim-lighted ambiance and the feel-good music; great vibes!
The service was perfect - attentive, professional and laid back.
Food was exceptional! The Shrimp and Cornbread is one of the BEST things I've ever had - an incredible mix of flavors and sweetness (YUM!) this one should not be missed!

And there are those awesome stickers on the AC units :)

Loved the entire evening!
Highly recommended and will be returning very soon!

Reviewed March 29, 2014

PIcture your best friends - imagine they are excellent chefs, the best mixologists, have great musical taste - and they open a restaurant. They want you to have the best experience possible when you visit. Dining at Le Bremner feels like this. Exquisite food (tuna/tahini; hake/chowder; banana cream pie). Can't say enough. This place is gold (and yes - i like it even better than garde manger!) Suggestion: 1. let the staff guide you on menu choices - it's too tough deciding based on menu descriptions alone; 2. for extra fun, eat at the bar. This place does it right!

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Had an incredible experience at Le Bremner! My girlfriend took me for a birthday dinner, and there was only space at the bar, so we took it, thinking it might not be as good as getting a table, but still worth it. We were pleasantly surprised that it was even better to be seated at the bar! The atmosphere was fantastic, the 2 bartenders took really good care of us, making their own drinks for us, based on the kind of cocktails we like to drink (my girlfriend is pregnant, so they made up a great non alcoholic drink for her), they were engaging and talked to us all about the menu - we ordered sunchokes (done 3 ways), cornbread and shrimp, and fried quail with homemade ranch sauce/dressing - all of it was incredible, as I am sure all the items on the menu would be!
The music was great, the general vibe was a lot of fun, and I must say it was a perfect night out. I almost never write reviews for restaurants, but this one deserves the good words!! I highly recommend!!!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I only had one night in town and had read a number of great reviews about La Bremner on Eater, so I thought I'd give it a try. Obviously sleep deprived from travel, I accidentally booked a reservation for the following Monday instead of that Saturday night...my bad. However, we got there early and the staff was super friendly and extremely accommodating, offering us a spot at the bar. As it turned out, I wouldn't have wanted to sit anywhere else in the restaurant, because the team of Dan and Vito behind the bar were so friendly and personable, it really added to our overall dining experience and really took it to that next level. Also, I'm a vegan, which is obviously difficult for most restaurants to accommodate during peak dining time on a Saturday, when it's not on their menu. I was very impressed when they delivered not one but two delicious options for me, both of which were heavenly. While other restaurants have the tendency to make you feel like an inconvenience, La Bremner treated the special order with such finesse and really created a "moment of magic." Overall, La Bremner is a gem and rates among my top dining experiences, due to the incredible food, but more importantly, the friendly and impeccable service. I know I will be going back when in Montreal and if you're in town, you should too.