“Perfection! Food, drink, ambience”
Review of Le Bremner

Le Bremner
Ranked #137 of 5,890 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Cross street: Bonsecours
Reviewed March 29, 2014

PIcture your best friends - imagine they are excellent chefs, the best mixologists, have great musical taste - and they open a restaurant. They want you to have the best experience possible when you visit. Dining at Le Bremner feels like this. Exquisite food (tuna/tahini; hake/chowder; banana cream pie). Can't say enough. This place is gold (and yes - i like it even better than garde manger!) Suggestion: 1. let the staff guide you on menu choices - it's too tough deciding based on menu descriptions alone; 2. for extra fun, eat at the bar. This place does it right!

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Had an incredible experience at Le Bremner! My girlfriend took me for a birthday dinner, and there was only space at the bar, so we took it, thinking it might not be as good as getting a table, but still worth it. We were pleasantly surprised that it was even better to be seated at the bar! The atmosphere was fantastic, the 2 bartenders took really good care of us, making their own drinks for us, based on the kind of cocktails we like to drink (my girlfriend is pregnant, so they made up a great non alcoholic drink for her), they were engaging and talked to us all about the menu - we ordered sunchokes (done 3 ways), cornbread and shrimp, and fried quail with homemade ranch sauce/dressing - all of it was incredible, as I am sure all the items on the menu would be!
The music was great, the general vibe was a lot of fun, and I must say it was a perfect night out. I almost never write reviews for restaurants, but this one deserves the good words!! I highly recommend!!!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I only had one night in town and had read a number of great reviews about La Bremner on Eater, so I thought I'd give it a try. Obviously sleep deprived from travel, I accidentally booked a reservation for the following Monday instead of that Saturday night...my bad. However, we got there early and the staff was super friendly and extremely accommodating, offering us a spot at the bar. As it turned out, I wouldn't have wanted to sit anywhere else in the restaurant, because the team of Dan and Vito behind the bar were so friendly and personable, it really added to our overall dining experience and really took it to that next level. Also, I'm a vegan, which is obviously difficult for most restaurants to accommodate during peak dining time on a Saturday, when it's not on their menu. I was very impressed when they delivered not one but two delicious options for me, both of which were heavenly. While other restaurants have the tendency to make you feel like an inconvenience, La Bremner treated the special order with such finesse and really created a "moment of magic." Overall, La Bremner is a gem and rates among my top dining experiences, due to the incredible food, but more importantly, the friendly and impeccable service. I know I will be going back when in Montreal and if you're in town, you should too.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

This meal makes it into my top 20 lifetime dinners. Yes, the menu is small and the choices are eclectic, but the preparation is excellent, the bartenders are both talented and sociable, and the music is not too loud as a previous poster claimed.

This was a wonderful place to experience Montreal's joie de vivre and bon cuisine.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

This restaurant was great! The ambience is really lovely, it has really beautiful decor and then it has air conditioning units with really funny skater stickers on it that add character. All the syrups for the drinks are handmade and they have a special drink everyday - definitely worth a try. The oysters were fantastic. The sauces they brought with the oysters were some of the best I'd ever had. The food is very good - very seafood oriented. The dessert pancakes were so delicious and a definite necessity if you go to this restaurant. The service was impeccable, when we left we actually talked about how great the service was. The food is quite expensive - so be prepared for that.

1  Thank alessandrawillsher