“Very fresh” 4 of 5 bubbles

Le Bremner
Ranked #134 of 5,657 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Cross street: Bonsecours
Montreal, Canada
“Very fresh”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

Had a great time at Le Bremner. Very fresh products, especially the fish. Had a few appetizers to go along with my main and the raw fish were to die for. Tasty, fresh and flavorful. Was a bit underwhelmed by the pulled pork-sea bass main. But otherwise a very enjoyable night. Much more down to earth than most restaurants of that quality.

• Visited May 2012

Winnipeg, Canada
“Exquisite food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

We took our two boys there on a visit to Montreal. It wasn't cheap but we're glad we went. The food was absolutely fantastic. My kids still talk about it. They got to eat at Chuck Hughes's restaurant! The only disappointment was the fact that we were not given the option to sit inside and we were quickly shuffled to the extremely hot and muggy outside patio. It was brutal out there! Also, being from out of town, we had reserved a month in advance. We also felt that we would get a dirty look if we even asked. We initially thought it was because there were reservation inside but when we left, the place was half empty. I don't think we would go back again because of the cost but it was without a doubt one of the best culinary experiences we've ever had!

Buffalo NY
“Great location - not worth it”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

They have no bread to serve. How crazy is that? And they, or he, has a fascination with red pepper flakes, the Korean type. It's on everything - our appetizer tomato salad, one of the oyster garnishes, on the greens with my entree, and the cheesy focaccia...oh, and on the creamer potatoes that also came with the entree. It was v amateur. Great location as it is in Old Montreal, but way too hot and the wait staff think they are cooler and hipper than they really are. Disappointing. Wouldn't recommend unless you are a huge C Hughes fan. But you may not be afterwards.

Monaco-Ville, Monaco
“Nice but wouldn't go back”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Patio at the back is a nice spot (but cover up the AC units in a better way :-)

I like fine dining and like non run of the mill menu's but I feel this place didn't hit the mark. The lobster focaccia was good and the amuse bouche tasty but the steak and cheese dish was poor. Tough meat tasted cheap and spoilt the experience. Server was very nice and knowledgable. Would I return? No. However, judging by others around in the restaurant, I am the minority.

Elk Rapids, Michigan
“Great Experience, but Overpriced”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

As someone who loves to cook, this restaurant was a must for me. I often watch Chuck Hughes show and since I was going to Montreal dining at this restaurant ranked pretty highly on my list. It was a little hard to find. It was kind of like what I would imagine looking for a speakeasy during prohibition would have been like. The restaurant had a really hip vibe and a really casual looking staff and clientele for such an expensive place. My husband and I ordered the cheese bread to start (very very spicy, but good). For our entrees, my husband ordered the anchovies and I ordered the pork belly. The pork belly was very good, but spicy as well. We ordered the creme brulee for dessert. It was different than most creme brulees I have had and tasted like a fresh tropical custard. The whole meal came out delicious and fresh, but not quite worth the price. I have had food just as good elsewhere for about a quarter of the price. I would say that while his food is good, Chuck Hughes can really only justify his price based on his celebrity status and his restaurant's location in Old Montreal (Since prices there are jacked up anyway).