“Food may be great, however.....”
Review of Bocadillo

Bocadillo
Ranked #524 of 5,778 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Venezuelan
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Description: Bocadillo first started back in 2007, and has grown over the years expanding to 1 more location, offering great quality food. The restaurant remains a family owned business in which all proudly work in the business. Every year bringing venezuelan cuisine to the Montreal.
Ottawa, Canada
“Food may be great, however.....”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We recently experienced ordering at their newer location for the first time & we were thoroughly disappointed with the overall cleanliness of the restaurant. We've eaten at their original restaurant before, so we know the food & service are very good, however this time, they dropped the ball in a very big way on hygiene. We ordered to eat in-house, however once seated, our arms stuck to the grimy table top. We moved tables & experienced the same. Waiter served me water in a glass that was encrusted with a hardened red substance around the rim. The floors and main counter were filthy as well & both men's & women's restrooms were scary filthy....no soap, no hand towels, no hand blower & a stench that would make anyone instantly lose their appetite. You could tell the restrooms hadn't been maintained or much less cleaned in a very very longtime. We ended up taking the order to go & dumped it all in the closest public garbage can. Couldn't stop thinking of how the staff managed to wash their hands after 'taking care of business' without soap, before handling our carne mechada. Disgusting. What a waste of $32.00.

• Visited June 2013
Resto-Bocadillo, Guest Relations Manager at Bocadillo, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear customers,

I hope you are doing well. I just received your review, to know that you had such an experience in one of our establishments really concerns me and I am working on this matter to prevent an event like this from happening again to you or any of our numerous customers.

We are a small yet proud family based business therefore we try our best to address any concerns brought up by our clients. In order to help us solve this issue we would like to ask you to provide more information on your visit to Bocadillo. Please tell us the date of your visit, approximate time, a brief description of the person that served you, etc... anything that could help us further. We already have the information on your observation submitted with your review and with all that we will be able to work on these issues as soon as possible.

We will be waiting for your response. Please do so at restobocadillo@gmail.com and once again, we sincerely apologize for the event occurred.

S.G./
Bocadillo

“scrumptious”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

There's no better word for it other than 'scrumptious'. You must try their passion-fruit infused pork sandwich... oh...my..god. Have the yucas with the mayo on the side,and you've got yourself the perfect meal. Looking for dessert ? They got it too. Best tres leches i've had, ever.
The owner, Marco, is incredibly sweet and will make sure to recommend the perfect meal for you if you're unsure of what you want.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank andrea s
“Favorite Venezuelan food!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband and I got some take out from here a couple months ago after I did some online research and found out I could eat here even with my gluten allergy.

We both had arepas and some kind of special fries (which were amazing). This is my number one place for Venezuelan food in Montreal so far.

• Visited November 2012
Montreal, Canada
“Great arepas, good service”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Good location, prices are ok, and those arepas are so tasty. I have been there twice in the last month, and I will be back soon for more arepas. Very good service.

• Visited November 2012
“Almost fast food joint with better then fast food quality”
Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

First time in this restaurant, I asked for recommendations, and chose what I was told was the most popular dish: pork sandwich. The pork was shredded and marinated, with a tinge of spice. "In Venezuela," the receptionist said. "we don't go crazy on the spice; we're not Mexico." Very high quality food at a fast food joint - very good value.