“Excellent. Asian influenced fusion food.”
Review of Le Filet

Le Filet
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Filet is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 6,033 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Parc du Mont-Royal
Cross street: Esplanade
Transit: Bus: 80, stop corner Mt-Royal and Parc avenue. Bus: 97, stop corner Mt-Royal and Esplanade. Metro: Mt-Royal + bus 97 toward the west. BIXI station
Description: In a sparkling universe entirely dedicated, in sense and spirit, to the oceans and their treasures, we invite you to indulge with us in some moments of joy. Dans un univers chatoyant, dedie, tant par les sens que par l'esprit, a la mer et a ses condiments, nous vous convions a vivre avec nous des moments de joie.
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Outstanding service, extremely busy/crowded, comfortable and trendy restaurant in Montreal. Very interesting menu which is full of Asian (Japanese mainly) - French fusion dishes. We shared 10 (out of a total possible of maybe 30) for a table of 4 - all were delicious. The 10 dishes were selected for us (an option) and complimented each other very well. Food is creative, modern and high quality. This is not a cheap restaurant - count on maybe $100 per head without drinks....
Very well worth the visit. Not for children. Reservations essential.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Oh my goodness, did I enjoy my meal at Le Filet! I had hamachi and sesame that was to die for and the cod was one of the best dishes I have ever eaten in my whole life. Le Bernardin is my favorite restaurant and this meal came quite close in many ways. The service was lovely and attentive. If you enjoy high end seafood dishes, go there by all means.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Little gem with impecable food and service! Being myself a very picky eater and a vegetarian, I was more than impressed by the dinner served - crab risotto is a "must try". Also, the service staff were very nice, helpfull and polite. (Not recommended for families with young kids - noise factor in a full dining room)

Reviewed May 23, 2013

An impromptu dinner reservation for a friday night, we were lucky to get a table. The food is INCREDIBLE. The chef can even make salad exciting!

Started with a herb salad with poached figs and home made feta cheese. Then a tataki of ragyu beef with wild mushroom and miso reduction. Followed a delectable seafood soup and grilled octopus. The small plate concept is great for sampling many different dishes. The wine selection is great, service is impeccable, even on a very busy Friday night.

Not cheap, but definitely worth every penny. Already saving for my next visit.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Went here with some friends and had a fantastic night. The room has a great trendy vibe, beautiful setting, like brushed aluminum and wood, and funky styling. Nice bar seating area. The place was packed at 9pm and still packed when we left at 1030 - only downside here is the noise level. By the time we left we were having a hard time hearing each other - the din was rising and rising.
The wait staff were great and offereed excellent suggestions. We ordered seven dishes for three of us - each was perfect for three people, and we were pleasantly filled by the end - no room for the desserts. The menu is creative and varied. I love it when i have too many great choices - as compared to a struggle to find something good. Our favs were the japanese beef - nagu? and the octopus - also the date and goat cheese salad. The lobster sweetbread gnocci was rich beyond belief. All dishes were excellent - wasnt a dud in the bunch. I would have liked to see a few less expensive wines on the list. All in all a great night and a great place - i would highly recommend it. Oh - one more thing - most places that serve tapas bring them to you in bunches or all at once - this was the first place I can recall that brought them one at a time - this made for a pleasantly relaxed evening and helped us to feel less stuffed.