“Delicious, Delicate and Delightful”
Review of Le Filet

Le Filet
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Filet is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 6,036 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Parc du Mont-Royal
Cross street: Esplanade
Transit: Bus: 80, stop corner Mt-Royal and Parc avenue. Bus: 97, stop corner Mt-Royal and Esplanade. Metro: Mt-Royal + bus 97 toward the west. BIXI station
Description: In a sparkling universe entirely dedicated, in sense and spirit, to the oceans and their treasures, we invite you to indulge with us in some moments of joy. Dans un univers chatoyant, dedie, tant par les sens que par l'esprit, a la mer et a ses condiments, nous vous convions a vivre avec nous des moments de joie.
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Here we were met for first time eaters with courtesy as if we were friends .
Service was very good , not overpowering and yet perfectly adequate . 5 plates of food we shared were all excellent several to die for! Fish dishes were especially good with the tenderest lobster in hollandaise sauce !!!
We will definitely go back . In my top 5 best meals ever

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We come from Europe and we visited Montreal and New York for a week in Mai 2012. We organised our trip through recommendation of our friends, meaning we were trying to get the best restaurant to discover. We had our best experience in Le Filet.
The restaurant was open since a year, but the place starts to be famous in Montreal. You need to reserve and only could get a table quiet late.
The place is open, the people are busy and the table are quiet simple.
The food was innovative but also very good. We went from surprise to surprise.
We wish that restaurant to keep the high level for our next visit in Montreal !

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Went to Le Filet for my birthday and it was an excellent night out. The ambiance is perfect for the hipster neighbourhood. As the title suggests, it was almost perfect. The oysters were to die for! Hot or cold and you can't go wrong. Give the miso oyster au gratin a whirl, delicious. Same can be said of the tuna tartare and pork and scallops. Unfortunately, the risotto fell flat for me. It seemed a little bland. This may be due to my somewhat unsophisticated palette but I never know what to expect when getting risotto. I make my own and really enjoy it. I like it to have some crunch and not come with a soupy consistency. This was the case tonight. Hey, it was one dish of many. The half lobster was good but again lacked a bit of "pop" for a tapas dish in that price range ($20+). The sweetbreads and gnocchi were good. The onion rings were perfect! Delicious Vidalia onions in a unique batter. Worth a taste for sure.

The service was fantastic and friendly. The timing was spot on and the suggestions made by our server were ideal. They have a nice selection of fine wine by the glass which is always appreciated. They are in the $11-$19/glass range but you get the quality and flavour burst that you should get from a fine wine. Nicely done. Much better paying $14 for a wonderful glass than $9 for schlock.

The maple square with cream and walnuts was one of the best desserts I have ever had in my life! I am not a dessert person but this was phenomenal. I wish we had room to sample some other of their creations.

It was really busy for a Wednesday night but nobody was in a rush. Overall, they do a very very good job. Pricey but nice for a special occasion. Expect to pay well over $100 per person. In that price range all should be perfect hence the very very good rating.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

A less formal sister restaurant to the justly acclaimed Club Chase et Peche, Le Filet focuses on large tapas-style plates, organized by primary ingredient category. Inventive Quebec-fusion cuisine marries traditional technique with innovative taste combinations, and a nod towards eastern flavours and spices. Everything is carefully prepared, with an accent towards fresh and clear flavors, each plate having 3 or four primary tastes. Relaxed but attentive service, Le Filet is definitely "a scene", but welcoming to all (you need not be a "hipster"). The food is as good as it gets in Montreal. The wine list is fairly priced, and well sourced. My only complaints, the room gets loud, folks are having a good time, and the "yummy-ness" of the food makes it easy to keep ordering dishes to share, and running up a bill! Great location for exploring the dynamic Mile-End district, or a walk in Mont-Royal park, right outside the door.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Well I went there last week and I really wanted to write a review before I forget.
First of, we were agreed by a dozen of waiters and waitresses ! But none of them really welcomed us. I must say none of them did, oh well.
Our waitress was very nice. She wasn't very helpful but she was nice so it made it okay.
We ordered about 5 plates to share. I really like the concept of tapas, because you can take your time to enjoy your meal and your company.
The oysters were to die for. Try the miso one , it's a bit salty but it's worth the try.
The food was overall very salty. and Trust me I like my food salty but that was way too salty for my taste.
My favorite plate was the risotto. You got to have the risotto.
For desert I had the chocolate mousse. It was very refreshing with the cherry ice cream !