“Tapas !”
Review of Le Filet

Le Filet
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Filet is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 5,711 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Parc du Mont-Royal
Cross street: Esplanade
Transit: Bus: 80, stop corner Mt-Royal and Parc avenue. Bus: 97, stop corner Mt-Royal and Esplanade. Metro: Mt-Royal + bus 97 toward the west. BIXI station
Description: In a sparkling universe entirely dedicated, in sense and spirit, to the oceans and their treasures, we invite you to indulge with us in some moments of joy. Dans un univers chatoyant, dedie, tant par les sens que par l'esprit, a la mer et a ses condiments, nous vous convions a vivre avec nous des moments de joie.
Montreal, Canada
“Tapas !”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Well I went there last week and I really wanted to write a review before I forget.
First of, we were agreed by a dozen of waiters and waitresses ! But none of them really welcomed us. I must say none of them did, oh well.
Our waitress was very nice. She wasn't very helpful but she was nice so it made it okay.
We ordered about 5 plates to share. I really like the concept of tapas, because you can take your time to enjoy your meal and your company.
The oysters were to die for. Try the miso one , it's a bit salty but it's worth the try.
The food was overall very salty. and Trust me I like my food salty but that was way too salty for my taste.
My favorite plate was the risotto. You got to have the risotto.
For desert I had the chocolate mousse. It was very refreshing with the cherry ice cream !

• Visited November 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Montreal
“Excellent scene, innovative food”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Great experience at this cute little bistro on Mont Royal. Had the raw oysters, duck with chestnuts, halibut and maple square for dessert. All were excellent. Off the beaten path - not downtown, but worth the trip.

Vancouver
“Beautiful people setting with all the trappings, excellent food”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

If you want to see a cross section of "beautiful, rich, Montreal" and enjoy excellent food, this is your place. The atmosphere is nouveau pretentious with all the trappings but the food is excellent with a lively, loud environment. Service was good, not exceptional - but solid. Good selection of wines but the expensive one we ordered - recommended by the servier - under-delivered.

My dinner guest kept pointing out various all star Montreal chefs who were patrons that night.

I liked le Filet and during a week of fine dining, this one stood out. I'd go back... But save up and next time I'll be more careful on wine selection.

Montreal, Canada
“Montreal's best restaurant? It gets MY vote!”
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

The awesome team who brought us Club Chase et Pêche (and who have had storied careers prior too) show that Quebec truly has some great local talent who can repeat a command performance.
Le Filet has very little similar to its older brother except for the passion for excellence that comes across strongly. The food (my most important variable) is tapas sized and with a very broad menu almost every dish is exceptional (with the rest just not having ingredients as much to my personal taste). I could eat here every night for a week or two easily. The decor is casual, cool and modern without being weird. The staff; well trained in their art (which they take seriously).
The only downside is the location is in a quiet part of town (at night anyway) and hence you will likely want to linger longer rather than move on. Good thing they also have a good selection of after dinner drinks!

Ottawa, Canada
“Really? Once again, impressive!”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

This was my second visit to Le Filet, the first was a group of 10 and the second was 3. We chose in both occasions to take the "chef's choice"(not's sure if that's how it is referred to but that's what we asked for!), which consists of numerous servings and plates! Our ability to recall all of the plates, without extensive consideration and discussion shows how each serving melded in beautifully to the next and created a melody of experiences! Note, though, that each one was a love affair; with time to celebrate and discuss between each serving and time to permit your palate to anticipate the next discovery! With guests who were from numerous parts of the world the result was unanimously positive, everyone was impressed and satiated!!! It's a busy place, make reservations in advance and be prepared to be immersed in a vibrant, energetic and bustling environment!