“Big Mistake!”

Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Brossard
“Big Mistake!”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

When we entered the restaurant there was a very musty smell; we overlooked it by saying to ourselves: It is a basement level after all. That was our first mistake!

Our order included a nan without butter. However they brought us a nan with butter. When we pointed that out the waiter's comment was: Well you already have a lot of calories here anyway and he reluctantly took our buttered nan back to the kitchen. Now that's what we call service...with no smile...

The food was tasty but very oily.

There was a high step to get to our table and my friend fell off the step as we were leaving because she was trying not to disturb the people behind us. Immediately, the same waiter chastised her by saying: See I told you to watch that step, instead of asking her if she was OK or if he could help her. Once again the kind of service we expect...

Needless to say the customer is NOT the priority of this restaurant as no one checked to see if we wanted anything else or if the food was to our liking. Did they really care?

It was our first and last time at this restaurant. There are so many more delicious Indian restaurants with good service to choose from in Montreal.

• Visited August 2012

Toronto
“Awful food, will not visit again”
Reviewed December 27, 2011

We opted for Allo Inde because there was a long wait at Le Taj and my parents were craving Indian food. Being of Indian descent, we find most of the standard fare in Indian restaurants to be too rich and oily, but this is the worst restaurant food we have had! The rice items are very oily and they seemed to have just added an extra dose of chili powder to make the curries "hot and spicy" killing any flavour in the process! And the prices are high compared to other Indian restaurant for such sub-standard food.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank SMP1212
Montreal, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BEWARE.”
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Beware of Allo Inde. We were looking for a free delivery Indian restaurant in Montreal last week and found Allo Inde online. It seemed to have variety and decent pricing so we thought we would try it out.
Mistake. The "curry" was a mix of oil and dubious substances that were eatable but by no means enjoyable.
The shrimp was the worst. It tasted like it had been cooked in the microwave. It was dry and pasty and tasted like METAL. I didn't think it was possible to ruin food to this extent.
Put simply, we had to eat something else for dinner. I would NOT recommend Allo Inde.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank Kara S
New Delhi, India
“Horrible Food. Dont waste your money.”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Horrible Food. Dont waste your money. I had the worst Chicken Tikka masala of my life. I travel around the world and I eat Indian food in many countries. This one was just a waste.

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank Ankit67
Toronto, Canada
“Very Tasty Food!!”
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised to find this Indian Restaturant as we were so tired eating burgers and fries during our 3 day visit to Montreal.

The restaurant is run by Bengali family - the food was just delicious!!! - The customer service was average, could have been better.

I highly recommend people to eat at this restaurant, but don't go there if you are looking for a great customer service.

we ordered 2 curry and 2 rice - the food was very good. We still had some sauce left, so we ordered one Naan - which was also very delicious - anyway, when the owner brougth us our bill, he had forgotten to charge us for one naan, which I pointed out to him and he at once said "OKay, than pay 4 dollars" - rather than saying thank you for being honest or just saying, don't worry it's complimentary etc.

• Visited August 2011