I went to the Spring Hill this past Mothers Day weekend. And while the weather was rather crummy, the stay at the Marriott was very enjoyable.
The room was huge. It was My parents, my sister and myself and while the beds were a double (slightly smaller than a queen) it was still enough space. I think the large sofa was a pull out and we could have slept on that, but there was really no need. We were however charged $30 extra dollars per (extra two) people per night. The room was clean, towels were ample (we asked for 4 more) big screen plasma TV with a substantial amount of English channels. It had many amenities including a working fridge, microwave, coffee peculator and coffee provided as well as a ironing board. The heater worked and you could open the window. All in all it was clean and comfortable.
The complimentary continental breakfast was great! I had no doubt mind you. Eggs, muffins, cereal (hot and cold) waffles, toast, sweet bread and hashbrowns. It was plentifull and enjoyable. You could take it up to your room or eat in their restaurant style mezanin. A+
Parking was $20 a night. but well worth it. The parking lot across the street looked very sketchy and after hearing about all of the theft issues I decided to park in the underground parking. Well worth it. I was able to take my car in and out at will and the parking guys were very nice.
The location was great. It was tucked away in the middle of old Montreal and you can essentially walk anywhere from the hotel. there are countless eclectic french restaurants in the area as well as many familiar chain fast food places. McDonald's and Tim Horton are right around the corner. You are withing a 2 minute walking distance to the water and pretty much every local attraction.
Don't even worry about it. Everyone seems to be bilingual and happy to accommodate.
I was disappointed that the hotel did not have wireless internet connection for my iTouch. Though the hotel does have a great little business room that has a computer, fax, internet etc. There is also in room connection if you brought your laptop.
They do not advertise their gym on their site. It's not in any of the pictures. But I was hopeful. When I got there I saw some really great shots of a fully equiped gym with treadmills, Elliptical machines, free weights and machines. But when I got there it looked really run down. The elliptical was horrid and the treds looked like they had had better days. Same goes with all the equipment. I really looked nothing like the pictures. The greatest disappointment of the hotel. Also, to pool was dingy. It looked really bad. The hot tub was no better - gross.
All in all I really enjoyed it! I would go again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover SpringHill Suites by Marriott Old Montreal. We offer warm and welcoming hospitality in the heart of charming and historic Old Montreal. All the feature comforts of a large international hotel chain are available for your short or long stay. At mealtime, experience the enchanting Auberge Le Saint Gabriel restaurant, one of the oldest inns in North America, affiliated with the hotel to better serve you. Our Old Montreal hotel offers state-of-the-art business services for your conferences, training or motivational seminars. SpringHill Suites by Marriott Old Montreal is also the ideal place for a magical stay! We put you in the heart of Old Montreal, near many of Montreal, Quebec's top attractions and landmarks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Marriott, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your SpringHill Suites by Marriott Old Montreal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Springhill Suites Old Montreal Hotel Montreal
- Springhill Suites Montreal
- Montreal Springhill Suites