I stayed here in late October 2012, and found this hotel through an online search engine. Its right in the middle of Old Montreal, a 5 minute walk to Notre- Dame. Two Metro stations are within 10 minutes walking distance (Champ De Mars and Place d'Armes). If location is key to you, this hotel is very convenient to tourist attractions, and to certain business buildings.
Room had two doubles, and though a little dated, was clean and tidy. Very spacious. Rooms facing the front of the hotel don't have much of a view, but the rooms in back (on higher floors) have a decent view of the City Hall and court buildings. Despite being in downtown, its on a quiet cobblestone street, with cafes and shops within a block. Breakfast was alright, though nothing to write home about.
Here's my big caveat: the service stinks. The front desk staff was a little rude when asking for assistance, recommendations for dining. I've stayed in several Montreal hotels, and this was by far the most lacking in service. Even the cheaper hotels on St Denis street were friendlier (another story).
I think that I would stay again, but I do hope that the staff was just having a rough patch. Rooms are nice, location is unbeatable for the price. But this area is not lacking in other accommodations, so check out all deals before making your choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover SpringHill Suites by Marriott Old Montreal. We offer warm and welcoming hospitality in the heart of charming and historic Old Montreal. All the feature comforts of a large international hotel chain are available for your short or long stay. At mealtime, experience the enchanting Auberge Le Saint Gabriel restaurant, one of the oldest inns in North America, affiliated with the hotel to better serve you. Our Old Montreal hotel offers state-of-the-art business services for your conferences, training or motivational seminars. SpringHill Suites by Marriott Old Montreal is also the ideal place for a magical stay! We put you in the heart of Old Montreal, near many of Montreal, Quebec's top attractions and landmarks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your SpringHill Suites by Marriott Old Montreal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Springhill Suites Old Montreal Hotel Montreal
- Springhill Suites Montreal
- Montreal Springhill Suites