I'll start off with the positives of the hotel, as our experience certainly wasn't all bad...
The rooms are a decent size, with a good kitchenette, great sized double bed that was relatively comfortable and it was generally clean, if getting slightly outdated in places (bathroom especially).
The location is very good with access to the old part of Montreal, including the old port. Walking distance to Saint Catherine's, though easier on transit.
So, the not so good... This particular hotel had been booked and paid for (attempted...) by a family member as a Christmas present. My wife and I were travelling for a few days across Quebec and we were looking forward to two days in the Marriott in Montreal - this was the "treat" after a few days in cheaper (though nice) hotels. We arrived after a long drive and although they had our room booked they had not received/taken payment. We were made to feel as though this were our fault; despite the fact we had the confirmation that payment details had been faxed and received by the hotel. Apparently our family should not only have faxed both reservations and the hotel, but also rung the hotel to let them know a fax had been sent through. This upset me, how difficult is it to pre-pay for a hotel room and have it work? Then to be told that it was our fault? The attitude of the person on the front desk was poor, and we ended up paying for the hotel room on our credit card. They lose two stars for this fiasco.
The other star they lose is for little stuff; we'd been staying at a hotel the previous night in Quebec City that was just over half the price, yet had newer, softer towels, softer toilet paper and less worn furniture. It sounds snotty, but when you're paying approx $200 a night you expect a little better than John Wayne toilet paper.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover SpringHill Suites by Marriott Old Montreal. We offer warm and welcoming hospitality in the heart of charming and historic Old Montreal. All the feature comforts of a large international hotel chain are available for your short or long stay. At mealtime, experience the enchanting Auberge Le Saint Gabriel restaurant, one of the oldest inns in North America, affiliated with the hotel to better serve you. Our Old Montreal hotel offers state-of-the-art business services for your conferences, training or motivational seminars. SpringHill Suites by Marriott Old Montreal is also the ideal place for a magical stay! We put you in the heart of Old Montreal, near many of Montreal, Quebec's top attractions and landmarks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Marriott, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your SpringHill Suites by Marriott Old Montreal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Springhill Suites Old Montreal Hotel Montreal
- Springhill Suites Montreal
- Montreal Springhill Suites