We drove for 7 hours and decided to wait until we would get to the hotel to eat dinner. When we got here, the hotel told us the dining room was closed for a private function but we were welcome to have dinner in the lobby/bar. We had no issue with that but when we sat down, we were clearly disturbing the staff. No one came to see us and when the bartender did, helping us looked painful. Other staff members were also walking by giving us a very unwelcomed looked. I asked if we were bothering them and was told that the service would be very slow because of the Christmas party happening at the hotel. We had our three hungry kids with us and no one to help us out. I asked the front desk and they suggested that we go out for dinner... Getting the kids all dressed up (including a 6 month old baby) again and trying to find a place at 8pm was not ideal at all.
We ended up going to our room and ordering room service, which was fine. I was just disappointed that a hotel wouldn't ensure that it's guests are being welcomed and taken care of upon arrival... Not very hospitable in my opinion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adjacent to Notre-Dame Basilica, Le Saint-Sulpice Hotel Montreal boasts a unique Old Montreal experience. Guests will be enticed by the unparalleled allure of this unique boutique hotel. The spacious and elegant suites overlook a lush courtyard garden or the cobblestone streets of Old Montreal. Enjoy the comforting warmth of the lobby or the refined cuisine of Sinclair - both complemented by attentive staff that make the most of every stay and celebrate a true 'Art de Vivre'. Le Saint-Sulpice Hotel Montreal features 108 inviting suites with a minimum of 47m2 (500 sq ft) of living space. Fully opening French-style windows overlook the courtyard or the historic streets of Old Montreal. All suites are newly furnished with a living room, work desk, additional sofa bed, equipped bar-type kitchen with Nespresso coffee machines, flat screen TV, comfortable feather duvets and pillows. Luxurious bathrooms include bathrobes with refined amenities by L'Occitane en Provence. After a day of sightseeing, guests are welcome to enjoy a cocktail in the garden (in season) or a delightful meal in the brand new Sinclair Restaurant. Located in the heart of the gardens, Sinclair Restaurant now welcomes diners in a marvellous glass space with window-doors that open onto the magnificent exterior terrace. Exclusive guest services including room service, in-room massage, free fitness centre access, turndown service, attentive 'Clefs d'Or' Concierge services, valet parking and many other amenities are also available (some at additional cost). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Le Saint-Sulpice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Saint-Sulpice Hotel Montreal
- Le Saint Sulpice Montreal