“Fabulous suite and hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Saint-Sulpice

Le Saint-Sulpice
Ranked #13 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
Quebec City, Canada
“Fabulous suite and hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I booked this hotel at the very last minute through the HotelTonight mobile application, so it was a good deal to begin with. And instead of being treated like a third-grade citizen, on the contrary the lovely ladies at the reception told me I'd been upgraded to a one-bedroom suite! Just my luck: it's Valentine Day, I'm traveling solo on business, and I get this fabulous suite all to myself... Oh well ;-)

I had been here before for meetings an conferences but had never stayed, so it was nice to enjoy the amenities and indulge in the comfort of the suite. The hotel is just behind the Notre-Dame Basilica, in the heart of Old-Montreal, so it was convenient to walk around evening time, as well as for my following day meetings nearby.

I did not get to try the food and beverage here on this trip, as it was winter time, but I know there is a nice terrace in the summer time, so I look forward to booking here again as the heat is coming back in the beautiful province of Quebec!

Room Tip: Ask to be upgraded to one-bedroom suites, if there are any available. There are well worth it!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
StSulpiceManagement, General Manager at Le Saint-Sulpice, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your February stay with us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, staff service and upgraded room. We hope to see you back on your next trip to Montreal.

Vittorio Di Re

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Our family stayed in a lovely one bedroom suite, which was immaculate and an ideal arrangement/set up. The suites are wonderfully comfortable. The location in the heart of Old Montreal is superb, and we easily walked to many other parts of the city. In addition, the staff at this hotel are so kind and polite.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy to hear that you & your family enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you back on your next trip to Montreal.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

I wrote a review last June how wonderful stay I had at the hotel. Just got back from another visit to Montreal. The hotel became the home away from home. I really enjoy everything it has to offer, the clean and sizable room, the location, the professionalism of its staffs including the parking attendants, and the modern interior deco. I am grateful to Monsieur Alain Ethier, the manager at the concierge, who helped me every way with dinner accommodations, even making sure my 4 year old is welcome at those "fine dining" venues. This is one of the best hotel you can stay in Montreal if not the best. Stay here.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we thank you for your loyalty. Alain and my team will be happy to hear that they made your stay in Montreal memorable. We look forward to seeing you back soon.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a romantic weekend escape at Le Saint-Sulpice. We could not have been more impressed with the facilities. The location was second to none - within a block of Notre Dame Basiclica. You could easily walk throughout Old Port and we enjoyed shopping on St. Catherine's street as well as down by the waterfront all within easy walking distance. The room was immaculate, spacious, extremely quiet and the bedding was top quality. It was modern mixed with old world charm with the interior stone walls - very cozy and upscale. The staff was wonderful. We arrived early and flew out well after check out and they readily held our bags and ordered our car service. They arranged for us to have a dvd in our room, and when we had an issue ordering an inroom movie, they offered us a free bottle of wine as a concession. It was absolutely relaxing - the lobby area had a fire place, a bar (which was small and discreet) and the music was lovely - we spent a few hours just sitting there enjoying the ambiance. If we are to return to Montreal, we would not consider staying anywhere else, this hotel was a real treat.

1 Thank abcde60795
StSulpiceManagement, General Manager at Le Saint-Sulpice, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Le St-Sulpice. We are so happy to hear that you & your husband enjoyed a memorable stay with us. We look forward to seeing you back soon.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Our trip to Montreal was truly a comedy of errors. Our flight was cancelled and the next one was delayed, so by the time we got to the hotel it was after midnight. Arriving at the hotel exhausted, we checked in to our room and went to bed... only to be woken up at the crack of dawn because the room we were put in was directly over the service entrance and we could hear all of the deliveries and garbage collection in excruciating detail.

Fast forward to later that day, after a much needed nap, we were lounging on the couch when my partner noticed an ant crawling on me. Where there's one ant, there are always many. Calling down to the front desk, their first response was to ask me if I had tracked down the source of the ants, and if we'd be happy if they sent a maintenance person up. I'm not entirely certain what the maintenance person could have done to eliminate the ant problem, but after some pressing the front desk person offered us a new room - one that was larger and an 'upgrade' at no charge.

Arriving at our new room we discover a few things:

1) The door does not close properly - you have to shoulder it closed with some force and use the security latch to ensure it stays properly closed
2) The room may have been larger, but it was not an upgrade. While our original room had a fireplace, vanity and separate shower/bathtub, this room had none of those features.

Deciding to make the best of a bad situation, we decide to order some room service for lunch. It takes 4 phone calls and 3 trips to provide all of the items we had ordered.

At this point, I call down to speak to a manager and outline our experience so far. She comps our parking and gives a discount on the bottle of wine in our room. I request some additional pillows and she assures me that someone would bring them over right away. They never arrived.

Coming home from dinner, we find that turn-down service had been performed not just on our bed, but the Murphy bed AND the pull out couch in our room, despite the fact that there are just the two of us. We are now barely able to maneuver through the room and have to put everything away before we're able to sit down on the couch and move around the room.

The next morning upon checkout we re-iterated our experience to the concierge and he was gracious enough to comp us one of our nights (though I had booked through one of their promotions that gave the second night at 50%, so he really only comped 50% of a room night) and then charged our total to the card I had used to secure the reservation, despite me standing in front of him with my debit card out so that I could pay directly. I had to have him reverse the charges so that I could pay for the room.

All in all, there wasn't one big thing that ruined this trip, but a lot of small opportunities for the hotel staff to prove themselves as provider of stellar customer service, which they failed at each and every time.

Room Tip: If you are going to book here, make sure you do not end up in suite 303 - it is directly above the s...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Lorysa R
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property in regards to your recent stay. I followed up on all the issues during your stay with my team to ensure they did everything in their power to correct the issues in a timely fashion. At Le St-Sulpice, we pride ourselves on delivering optimal guest service. You can clearly confirm this from the numerous customer reviews on Tripadvisor. I apologize for not being able to offer the memorable stay you deserved. I can guarantee that such issues will not arise in the future and I hope you will give us another chance to redeem ourselves. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will personally make the arrangements for you.

New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

The hotel is in a great location... an idyllic neighborhood for strolling the cobblestone streets looking at old architecture, lots of great restaurants, and close to the metro. The room was clean and spacious with nice amenities. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I wish the mattress had been firmer, but the linens were luxurious and the pillows were nice, so that helped make up for it a bit. Overall a very positive experience. It was recommended to us and I would pass the recommendation on to other folks as well.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you back soon.

Fort Worth Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

Four people traveling to Montreal for the first time. We booked two rooms thru the hotel website and everyone had a positive experience at Saint Sulpice. The hotel is ideally situated in Old Montreal next door to Notre Dame (the MOST beautiful church interior we've ever seen). Lots of great restaurants and bars close by. The desk staff was extremely helpful (and charming) with recommendations and directions. The rooms are lovely and we liked being able to close the bedroom off from the living area...and the two TVs. The beds are wonderful with luxurious sheets. The only negative is that we girls thought the bathrooms needed better lighting for makeup. Other than lighting at the bathroom sink, the hotel is perfect.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Le St-Sulpice. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your first stay with us and we look forward to seeing you back on your next visit to Montreal.