“stay away” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel des Arts

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel des Arts
Ranked #129 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
Longueuil, Canada
“stay away”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

bed is very small (double), there was cow webs in the room (I am scared of spiders), stains on the carpet, DO bring your slippers because you DONT want to walk barefoot on that carpet! The carpet is very uneven (waves) and we almost tripped several times, one lamp wasnt working, holes in the bed spread and towels, chair with the desk was very wobbly I was scared to sit on it (it looked like one of our kitchen table chair but very old) , having a desk was very important to me because I had some studying to do, We found an item on the floor (was scared it was a needle) but finnally if was a small cylinder empty bottle of perfume sample, I wouldnt recommend this hotel to a woman travelling solo, area of city seemed not too safe to walk in., not a well light area. The bathroom was clean though, but shower made a funny noise. We ended up paying a lot fo this room, DO shop a lot or spend a little more and get a 3 star hotel. Breakfast was OK, simple but good not having to get out to go to a restaurant. Seemed to be a lot of students staying there (a lot of guests per room). It was not a romantic night for us.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank blackvelvet4u

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Saint John, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2012

It was my first time visiting an econ o lodge and it was a great experience and one to be visited again . Felt like a 5 star resort and someone really took the time to make you feel wanted there no hidden message or mistakes in all the people coming and going. I was very impress with the front staff and would recommend this to anyone who wants a great quality motel

Room Tip: Anyone going to visit Quebec should stay there
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank agnes j
Bangkok
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

Manager Toni seems set to right some of the wrongs committed by the past owners. Rooms were clean and front desk was helpful, Toni even went the extra mile to have breakfast above and beyond the usual continental, even offering us fruit the night before because none would be available at breakfast. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2012

I stayed at the Econolodge in mid-November. I hadn't read any of the reviews on here prior so I didn't have any preconcieved ideas. The price was the main appeal. I found the staff at reception were friendly and helpful, the room was spacious, clean and had a huge bed. I wasn't expecting luxury, but something simple and comfortable. I enjoyed my stay at the hotel and found everything fine. There is a bit of noise in the area, but I expected this given its downtown location. Sadly, after I left, the security deposit of $150 was still on my credit card and it had not come off automatically as it should have -in the end a staff error. This made me quite anxious so I contacted the hotel and spoke with Toni, she had just started that week as the new manager. Toni was reassuring and after explaining my situation, providing some proof of the problem, she rectified the problem straight away - reversing the transaction while I was on the phone with her. Given her approach, I am really confident Toni will raise the performance of this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Riverside, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

The new manager Toni was extremely helpful. She she was brand new to this operation but had 30 yrs. of hotel experience and was determined to correct some of the issues the previous manager had not. She was very informative and help us resolve a parking problem. She told us not to hesitate to tell her if there were any concerns we had and she would address them and if we had any problems with the room she would be happy to move us. We had no problems with the room and it was clean and quiet. We needed more pillows and they were delivered pronto. we had problems with our room key and both she and Aala came to the room and sorted it out right away for us.
We have no problem in recommending this hotel especially at this price point.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank rob w
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2011

I think the only reason that people will choose this hotel is for the low price.

The hotel is located very close to the red-light district of Montreal, we saw three homeless people fighting outside and one of them smashed a glass bottle on the floor.

The door locks are broken. When you open the door the deadlock releases, when you adjust the deadlock and close the door you have effectively locked the room from the inside. This means that you'll need to get someone from the front desk to open your door for you EVERY TIME.

Another few things that I noticed, the door on our washroom was broken and never fixed. There was a red mold growing in the cracks along the bathroom tub, and there was a crack in our tub that seemed unfixed. Overall the hotel is very poorly maintained.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Montreal hotels

Quebec City, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

Breakfast was good rooms were clean and great location.except no parking garage no frills stay and easy access to old Montreal and and restaurants not far from Ste Catherine street and easy walk to the Metro station. Manager Giovanni and the front desk were very helpful in answering any of our questions. I'm not sure why people say the hotel isn't nice for the price not bad at all.

Room Tip: very convenient
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple