“Stop by for an Arepa”

Description: Venezuelan's food restaurant
Hod Hasharon, Israel
“Stop by for an Arepa”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We came to try some Arepas. Though we sat down, the place feels more suited for a "take-away"... the selection was extensive and the arepas themselves were good (not spectacular, but hey, it's "street food").

If you're looking for a quick, filling dinner in the Plateau with a good value - try it!

• Visited October 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Halifax, Canada
“DELICIOUS!!!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

It's small little restaurant, on a side street, worth stepping off the main avenues! I had some of the most delicious food I've ever had. It was pretty simple - just black beans, rice, cheese, stewed chicken, and areas - but it was so delicious! The avocado sauce and hot sauce added that little extra touch that made it even better. The stew chicken was so tender and tasty, and the arepas were great! The service was great too! I will definitely go back!! In fact, I wanted to go back the next day, but I didn't have enough time before leaving Montreal.

• Visited October 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Exceptionally good!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stumbled across this restaurant on our way to another one, and decided to give it a try. It had a buzzing but not too noisy atmosphere with Latin music in the background, the waiters were very friendly and the food exceeded our expectations by a mile. I can't wait to go there again!

• Visited September 2013
London, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A blessing for the gluten-intolerant”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My hubby, who does not have to avoid gluten, enjoyed the food here as much as I did. The arepas themselves are soft puffy corn pancakes wrapped around whatever you choose for the filling. We visited twice and I loved the chicken and avocado so much the first time, I got it again. I think hubby had red meat both times, possibly pork, then beef. If you love avocado, Arepera is the place for you--they even have squirt bottles of avocado sauce. Plus, I'd had this weird craving for watercress and---lo and behold---that's the main ingredient in their green salad, that plus, you guessed it, avocado! Highly recommend this restaurant, especially for lunch. Our second time was for dinner, but I hadn't really noticed they aren't licensed, which meant I missed my usual glass of wine with dinner, but oh well, we had to get up super early the next morning to get to the airport. Colourful, artsy interior as well, plus charming waitstaff.

• Visited July 2013
Reno, Nevada
“SO DELICIOUS! A hidden gem!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

While visiting Montreal, a friend took me to this restaurant. I had never had an arepa before, but now want to have them all the time. It was delicious. I would never have found this restaurant on my own and was lucky to have a local take me there. Arepas are Venezuelan sandwiches; the bread is sort of like a corn-cake, and it is delicious. They had lots of options for fillings with and without plantains. Good value for lunch! The restaurant itself was small, but we had a late lunch and were one of two parties there. Service was appropriately attentive. We were free to eat and chat as long as we liked, but help was always there if we needed it. I do wish we had a chance to try the dessert, but were full after the sandwiches. Would highly recommend! We will be looking for places that make/sell arepas in the States!

• Visited June 2013