Open today: 9:00 AM - 10:00 PM

from $43.50
from $90.41
from $75.94
More Info
All reviews water circuit locker room spa experience bring flip flops cold bath old port hanging chairs water treatment hot pools unique experience great massage therapeutic massage couples massage bean bag chairs outdoor garden mani pedi relaxing afternoon
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This made for a very relaxing, albeit a bit pricey, evening. A wonderful way to unwind on a brisk Montreal night. Would caution if you're coming in the fall or winter to bring sandles as some of the walk ways are metal and get quite cold on the feet.

Natalie E, Responsable relations clients at Bota Bota, spa-sur-l'eau, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Dear "galbraith83",

Thank you for taking the time to share your Bota Bota experience!
It is indeed strongly recommended to wear sandals throughout the spa, as it can get slippery and cold on the feet. We don't provide them, but ask our passengers to bring their own.

We hope you will visit again very soon!

Reviewed 1 week ago

Bota Bota spa is simply outstanding. This was one of the things i was really looking forward to in Montreal when my wife and i went for vacation. I had high expectations based on reviews i read ahead of time. My wife got a massage which she said was amazing. I just enjoyed the spa for about 5 1/2 hours. Relaxing, cold tub, hot tub, steam room, sauna, eating, glass of wine. Everything was amazing, here are a few quick thoughts.
Relaxing: Alot of very nice and different places to relax, nap, or simply chill
Cold Tub: Cold tub is no joke, it is cold... super refreshing. Dont be afraid enjoy the waterfall cold tub
Hot Tubs: super nice and relaxing, going from the cold tub to the hot tub is amazing. Enjoy the one at the top of the boat its awesome with a great view.
Sauna: be sure to pour some water on the rocks to build up the heat. Also there are several saunas be sure to enjoy all of them each has a different view which is great
Steam Room: Steam rooms are great, good heat also be sure to enjoy both steam rooms
Lunch: Wow! We got the fish cake and a glass of wine it was out of this world the fish cake was so good.

you can easily spend 5+ hours here. This place is amazing, nice zen spa in the middle of the city/port. Staff was super friendly. Definitely check out Bota Bota. @Bota Bota keep up the good work!

1  Thank JC0415
Natalie E, Responsable relations clients at Bota Bota, spa-sur-l'eau, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

Dear "JC0415",

Thank you so much for those kind words! The whole team works very hard, every day, to provide an outstanding experience to our guests, and reviews like yours make us very happy!

We hope you will visit Bota Bota again next time you are in beautiful Montreal!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I enjoyed the time in bota bota spa, I stayed for the whole day, enjoyed the swings, tried out the saunas and the cold bath. I recommend the cold bath, it was not to cold so you couldn’t stay but still cold enough to get the refreshing feeling in the muscle afterwards.
The restaurant was great but could offer little more selection of snack plates since I stayed the whole day and had to get the same menu twice.
I had massage during the day and I can recommend Alexander as a therapist. He is really professional at his work and I thought it was worth paying for the treatment.

Dear "særún K",

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review!

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your time spent aboard, and hope you will visit us again very soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I went back with a girlfriend in September. If nothing else, I wanted to see if this place was any better. I am still in shock over how dirty the floors of the locker rooms are and the quality of the bathrobe I got was very worn. The massage was just ok and the girl at the front desk seemed to be in an argument with a customer on the phone. Definitely not coming back. No wow experience here again

1  Thank alwayssunnyhere

Dear "alwayssunnyhere",

I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your time spent at Bota Bota. We strive to offer an exceptional experience to all our guests and I realized that we fell short to do so on the day of your visit.

If you would like to share more information with me with regards to your visit, please don't hesitate to write me directly at natalie@botabota.ca.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My cruise ship was docked across from this curious looking spa. I checked the website and they offered Thai massage, my personal favourite. I booked in for 90 minutes. Upon entering the place I had reservations that I made a bad choice. The place was like a factory of people getting either treatments or using the pool facilities only. I was given a robe and towel and sent to the locker room. No slippers were provided, which I thought was odd. Anyway, I sat in the waiting room for a few minutes until being called in for my treatment. The waiting room was very uncomfortable, with curvy two person sofas, the only chairs were by the desk. I found this quite odd, but whatever. Lot so people coming and going. I was called in for my treatment and it was GREAT. I pleased that I stayed. Fadilla did a great treatment and I only wish I lived close by to return. I wouldn't return here if it were not for the excellent treatment. I appreciate the concept but for me I prefer a more zen environment when I go in for a massage.

Natalie E, Responsable relations clients at Bota Bota, spa-sur-l'eau, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Lori,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your massage at Bota Bota.

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your massage with Fadila. She is indeed a very skilled and passionate therapist!

Regarding the rest of your experience, it can happen, mostly on weekends, that the reception area gets busy. The ship and the adjacent gardens are however very vast, with four saunas, two steam rooms, three outside jacuzzis, cold plunges and showers, numerous relaxation areas, a restaurant and a floating terrace. If you had taken the option of enjoying the water circuit, you could have seen how spacious the premises are!

Regarding the slippers, we decided, for environmental reasons, not to provide disposable sandals (nor water bottles). This way, we prevent thousands of throwaway items from finishing in a dumpsite each year. It is, however, mentioned on our website as well as by the agents and on the confirmation email, that our guests should bring their own.

We hope you will give Bota Bota another try next time you visit beautiful Montreal!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We spent the most relaxing afternoon on the boat/spa in all the different jacuzzis, saunas and hammams. Unfortunately, the treatments were fully booked and I couldn’t get a massage, I will definitely call in advance next time

Dear Dusica,

Thank you so much for your kind words!

Bota Bota on a rainy day is the perfect place to be! There is something very soothing to be sitting in a hot tub while it's raining!

We do, indeed, recommend making a reservation at least a week ahead if you plan on receiving a massage.

We hope you will be back very soon!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Visited the spa with 5 friends such a unique location in an old boat and adjacent grassy knoll. Beautiful views of old Montreal and the river, nestled in the harbour. Water circuit was perfect. Fabulous relaxation spots, especially the hanging chairs. Change rooms were very crammed and locker doors tricky at times. Logistics for exit (towel drop off and paying) could be much more efficient.

Dear Selina,

Thank you for your review! Our clients' feedback is important as it helps us improve our services.

Regarding the locker, since they are situated in the hold of the ship, where the engine room used to be, we unfortunately cannot make them any bigger. They are, however, fully equipped with everything one could need.

If you would like to provide me with more details regarding the check-out process, please don't hesitate to write me an email at natalie@botabota.ca.

We look foward to your next visit!

Reviewed October 12, 2018 via mobile

I have been here many times never did I ever think I would have to worry about the idea of my phone being stolen by an EMPLOYEE. After tonights expereience I feel the urgent need to write this review because even the manager reacted unapologiztic when I calmly annnounced I caught his employee deliberately going through my bathrobe and then suddenly droping it and fast pacing in another direction when I got up to confront him. This incident occured while I was on the second level pool there were several wittnesses he even went as far as to pull my bathrobe though the "do not reserve sign" on the seat I assume to be able to pull out the phone easier as that is how my bathrobe was when I ran out of the pool in shock he dropped my bathrobe and fled. Just moments before my phone lit up in my bathrobe, rang, and distracted everyone. I turned it on slient he arrived just as everyone settled into a calm state myself included until I realized he was going through my bathrobe! This is unacceptable behaviour and because my french is not amazing the staff simply told me they doubt it actually happened! no compensation no apology. Beware.

2  Thank Bella T
Natalie E, Responsable relations clients at Bota Bota, spa-sur-l'eau, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Bella,

I am sorry about this bad experience.

Of course, I was not present to witness this situation, but what I believe happened is that the employee simply put your robe and towel under the band, on the chair, that says not to reserve a chair with personal items. This is the standard procedure, so the next time you return to your chair, you would see this band and move your belongings to one of the hooks provided for that purpose.

If you would like to discuss this further, please don't hesitate to send me an email at natalie@botabota.ca.

Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

This most unusual spa does not disappoint. Here you will find many quiet areas including “quiet” jacuzzis, saunas and a quiet steam room. Each floor of this restored boat offers different relaxation opportunities. If you request a massage, I suggest Melissa P. The only flaw was the size of the locker rooms and showers.

Dear "cwbyesq",

Thank you very much for sharing your experience!

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your time spent aboard, including your massage with Melissa P.! Be assured that I will share your comments with her.

We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed October 3, 2018 via mobile

Not worth it
This wasn't my first time at Bota Bota, but it's definitely going to be my last.
Considering I spent over 400$ for the day, I would have expected to at least leave the spa feeling relaxed. However with the multiple hiccups along the way, I just left feeling ripped off.
We started off with a 60min swedish massage which was fine. The waiting space for the massage however, was overcrowded and uncomfortable, we had to zigzag and squeeze through about 10 guests and employees just to get a seat to fill out the forms comfortable, and go back out through there to get to our masseuses. At the end of the massages, my masseus told me he didn't have the receipt for insurances (if you are someone who has massages covered, you know what I mean when I say it's pretty important to have to not lose money) available at the moment, but that he would make it available for me at checkout when we would be done. At checkout however, when I mentioned it to the employee, she seemed annoyed, and said they would just email it to me.... which she didn't do. So the next day I had to call customer service, wait on the line for 15min, and then the employee who answered me also said she would email it to me... only to get an email 1 week later saying I'll get another email IN 2 WEEKS. FOR A RECEIPT.
Back to our day there, we ate at the restaurant, ordered a plate of curred meats for 2, which cost 19$ and ordered a cheese plate for 2 which cost 17$... when we got the plate I was confused, even checked with the waiter who confirmed I was getting this right. I had payed 17$ for 3 slices of cheese. 3 slices, and about 5 blueberries. What a complete rip off.
The bath circuits were fine. Even tho the location is so small that it felt overcrowded.
Then as I prepared to leave, one thing I realized that was sort of gross was that the showers in the changing rooms are open at the bottom between stalls, and thatthe person next to me showering lead to me getting the excess water falling off of her spray all over my ankles.

My goal here was to have a lovely relaxing day with my partner to celebrate my birthday. I was spoiling myself, expecting to feel relaxed and happy. Instead I feel like I wasted my time and money at an over-priced crowded spa. And I am still having to deal with bad customer service days later.

Thank goodness Spa Finlandais in Laval is going tobe re-opening in november because it is much higher quality, and I will never waste my money on Bota Bota again.

3  Thank olivia_wonderlander
Natalie E, Responsable relations clients at Bota Bota, spa-sur-l'eau, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2018

Dear Olivia,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

We strive to offer the best possible experience, and I am sorry if we fell short on the day of your visit.

Regarding the receipt, if you still have not received it, could you please email me at natalie@botabota.ca so I can look into it personally? The massage therapists, all self-employed, don't work at Bota Bota every day. It can therefore take up to two weeks before they come back to work at Bota Bota. Please be assured that we do our best to send the insurance receipts as soon as we can.

With regards to your meal at the restaurant, I will forward your feedback to the person in charge of Restaurant La Traversée, which is a separate entity.

Finally, I am sorry if you felt like Bota Bota was too crowded on the day of your visit, and that you thought that Bota Bota was small. With its four saunas, two steam rooms, three outside jacuzzis, three cold plunges, numerous cold showers, its pool, its restaurant and adjacent floating terrace and its many relaxation areas, scattered through the five decks of the ship and its Gardens section, Bota Bota is quite spacious and offers many quiet options, even when most crowded. I am sorry if you did not feel this way.

We hope you will give Bota Bota another try!