“Was pleasantly surprised- will return”

Bota Bota, spa-sur-l'eau
Ranked #1 of 89 Spas & Wellness in Montreal
More attraction details
Owner description: Step onboard into a universe awash with astounding contrasts. In an invented space, between two water worlds... float away.Anchored at the Old Port of Montreal, Bota Bota, spa-sur-l'eau offers passengers the healing benefits of a spa coupled with the natural lulling movements of the St Lawrence River. Surrounded by enchanting decor, with Old Montreal as a magical backdrop, this mysterious and innovative floating spa offers privileged proximity to the river while enjoying the relaxing and energizing merits of the water circuit.Bota Bota is comprised of five decks on which you will find the various spa installations: two saunas with incredible views of the river and the Old Port, a eucalyptus steam bath, outdoor whirlpool baths, cold showers and baths, relaxation areas, restaurant, terraces and garden.Over and above its breathtaking Montreal location, this unique spa offers prolonged well-being to its passengers through massage therapy, body treatments, facial treatments, manicures and pedicures, as well as yoga and meditation.You can also delight your taste buds at the restaurant operated by Auberge sur la Route, with Michelin-starred chef Eric Gonzalez at its helm. Affiliated with the reputed Auberge St-Gabriel, Auberge sur la Route allows passengers to complement their experience with a fresh and simple menu, both original and comforting, for a serene healing of body and mind.
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Came here on a Saturday afternoon with 6 friends for a birthday celebration. Was not aware of the Silence rules throughout. However, when first greeted at the front counter, both receptionists were polite, professional and helpful. We all took the 3 hour water circuit ($55) (prices vary /days/length of time ), We gave a credit card to start a tab. We were given a plush bathrobe, towel and wrist band with a computer chip key to a numbered locker in the locker room. After changing we climbed up 4 flight of stairs (elevator?) we then took a deep breath and went outside to the whirlpool - and went in. It was -18C ! The top step was covered in ice. Had to be careful. We thoroughly enjoyed this. There many other people in the whirlpool. I would suggest if you go in winter, bring a winter hat or earmuffs as our ears did get cold. Also, bring your own flip flop shoes OR you can buy a pair there for $20( nice kinds-men or women- reusable). You do not need to bring your own towels, you can exchange your wet towel for a clean one at the service stations on each floor. Each floor had saunas-wet, dry and many spots to relax - hanging chairs, beach lounges, bean bag chairs or curl up in a circle window, Views from everywhere were fabulous. All areas very clean, well staffed.
Would be a different experience in summer- many outdoor decks. Very relaxing experience. Spa also has massages etc, check out all on website. We also ate at the restaurant. Small adequate menu.great service. Where else do you dine in a bathrobe overlooking the St Lawrence river?

Melissa C, Guest Relations Manager at Bota Bota, spa-sur-l'eau, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear “Sandy99”,

I want to first thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Bota Bota, spa-sur-l’eau. I'm glad to hear that you had a nice day and enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to have you on board again soon,

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Went with a friend Nov 28...would recommend to go before 11am as special is more reasonable $35 versus $45 for 3 hours....we tried little café their and weren't impressed with selection wine which was out of stock...nor impressed with food...but, the spa was pristine clean, and robes were so soft and comfy the two outdoor hot tubs were relaxing and no too far from door as it was very cold and snowy...one spa was harder to get in and out view of water because it didn't have steps and was quite icy but, the other facing city had hand rail and steps with water fall and was absolutely wonderful!

Melissa C, Guest Relations Manager at Bota Bota, spa-sur-l'eau, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Dear « ConnoisseurT »,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Bota Bota, spa-sur-l'eau. This helps us improve the overall customer experience and evolve as a business. You have mentioned in your review that you were very pleased with the morning reduced fare, I would like to take the opportunity to inform you that we also offer a reduced fare if you come visit us after 7pm on most nights. As to your impression of the restaurant, the latter offers many options and the wine list is constantly improving. I invite you to try again the restaurant as I am sure your expectations will be met. I would also like to inform you that we are in the constant process of improving our facilities and that your comments towards the outside baths will be taken into account for future improvements.

I am glad you had a pleasant experience at Bota Bota, spa-sur-l'eau and we look forward to having you again!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I visited this spa in November 2013, as a surprise for my girlfriend. We both had 1 hour massages, which were excellent!
We then visited the baths. We took the after 7pm 3 hour package, which was more than sufficient. There were 2 dry saunas, a steam room, 2 outdoor jacuzzis, 2-3 cold baths/showers and multiple relaxation areas.

The upper floor dry sauna, as well as one of the outdoor jacuzzis have breathtaking views of the city and the old port!

This spa was spotlessly clean, and well maintained.
The best spa experience money can buy, in montreal, with the most beautiful scenery hands down.
A bit more expensive than comparable spas in the city, however the quality and views alone are well worth the money!!

1  Thank mwarsh

Dear “MrWarsh”,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Bota Bota, spa-sur-l'eau. We pride ourselves in the close relationship we nurture with our clientele and we take every feedback as an opportunity for improvement. I am glad your experience was everything you were looking for and we look forward to having you again!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I have to admit that this spa has a unbeatable, panoramic view of Old Montreal, but that's the only advantage. Was here on a weekday morning for the so-called water cirquit (no reservation required), the staff at reception was not too welcoming. Then I went to the locker room and surprised at the small locker space, which I have to squeeze in my bag/shoes/ coat. Although the spa has a sleek contempoary design, I found it poorly maintained. The wooden seats in the sauna turn partially black somehow, and the porthole seating windows are worn out. As for the environment, it lacks the quiet ambience (don't want to imagine during rush hour...) I will comeback if things are improved.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I went to Bota Bota spa when they had their september deal on. I wasn't sure what exactly to expect, but it was very nice. It was much smaller than I had anticipated but we only had to wait for something we wanted once. It was nice that the spa designates a silent area and an area that you can talk in, though you still have to speak quietly. The garden area was very nice, apart from a train going by once. The only think that would have been better would be if there was a hot place closer to the garden area because by the time you walk down to the garden, you are already cold. If you are going with a group of friends, maybe this isn't the place since they ask that you don't talk very much.
The towels they provide are a bit small, so if you bring your own, you will have a nice dry one to use afterwards.

Melissa C, Responsable relations clients at Bota Bota, spa-sur-l'eau, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear “Travellor5”,

Our team would like to begin by thanking you for your review. At Bota Bota, spa-sur-l’eau, the satisfaction and well-being of our clients is one of our greatest priorities. Aiming for a continuous improvement, we attribute a great importance to the feedback given by our passengers after following their visit on board. In fact, it's very important for us to provide to each of our clients the opportunity to benefit of a unic relaxation experience, we are glad that you enjoyed and hoping to greet you on board sometime soon.

Best regards.