“Great deal on Tuesday!”

Bota Bota, spa-sur-l'eau
Ranked #1 of 86 Spas & Wellness in Montreal
More attraction details
Owner description: Step onboard into a universe awash with astounding contrasts. In an invented space, between two water worlds... float away.Anchored at the Old Port of Montreal, Bota Bota, spa-sur-l'eau offers passengers the healing benefits of a spa coupled with the natural lulling movements of the St Lawrence River. Surrounded by enchanting decor, with Old Montreal as a magical backdrop, this mysterious and innovative floating spa offers privileged proximity to the river while enjoying the relaxing and energizing merits of the water circuit.Bota Bota is comprised of five decks on which you will find the various spa installations: two saunas with incredible views of the river and the Old Port, a eucalyptus steam bath, outdoor whirlpool baths, cold showers and baths, relaxation areas, restaurant, terraces and garden.Over and above its breathtaking Montreal location, this unique spa offers prolonged well-being to its passengers through massage therapy, body treatments, facial treatments, manicures and pedicures, as well as yoga and meditation.You can also delight your taste buds at the restaurant operated by Auberge sur la Route, with Michelin-starred chef Eric Gonzalez at its helm. Affiliated with the reputed Auberge St-Gabriel, Auberge sur la Route allows passengers to complement their experience with a fresh and simple menu, both original and comforting, for a serene healing of body and mind.
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great deal on Tuesday!”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I took my mom here for her Birthday on a Tuesday and it was two people for $60 for the water circuit. It was a great way to spend a morning relaxing, enjoying the sun and feeling pampered. There was plenty of space to spread out and not feel crowed by others. The only drawback is that you cannot talk anywhere in the spa once you enter. I understand this is to keep it peaceful, but I wanted to enjoy more time with my mom while she was in town for a short visit and not being able to talk was not what I had in mind. It was still a great time.

Visited July 2013
Sébastien M, Guest Relations / Responsable Qualité at Bota Bota, spa-sur-l'eau, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear « Carly S »,

It is always pleasant to receive feedbacks from our clients and we thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Bota Bota, spa-sur-l'eau. The tuesday special is a great deal and we are happy that you enjoyed benefiting from it. To address your comment concerning the silence policy, it is in force to ensure that everyone can enjoy a peaceful and relaxing spa experience. That being said, there is two areas where talking is permitted. They consist of the restaurant and the whirlpool located on the upper floor. I suggest that you ask for a guided tour from one of our staff member during your next stay in our facilities and this way you will be informed of where talking is allowed. This will make your next stay even more enjoyable !

We hope to welcome you and your mother again very soon !

Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Very tranquil, unique spa”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I recently visited the Bota Bota spa for a weekend of rest and relaxation. Getting to the location can be a little difficult however overall it was a very good experience. The message therapist I had was very thorough and did a great job with the hot shell message. The location is excellent as it is very close to old Montreal. This was a great way to start a vacation. If you chose to do the water circuit, ensure that you have enough time to enjoy the full offerings. The restaurant closes at 8, just when the sun starts going down and there would be nothing better than a romantic toast on the deck. Just a recommendation to management to perhaps at least allow beverage service. Nonetheless, I would recommend this spa.

Dear « LoveLifeMusic »,

I would like to first thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Bota Boa, spa-sur-l'eau. Our client's feedbacks are very important to us, as they allow us to stay on top when it comes to customer service. We are constantly improving and evolving as a business and your feedbacks are a great tool for us to shape our customer service experience. I am glad that you enjoyed the hot shell massage, as it is very exclusive to us. The restaurant's opening hours fluctuate according to the number of clients on site at a given time and this is the reason why it sometimes closes earlier than expected. It does stay open a little later though on Saturdays and on busier days. If, during your next stay, the restaurant closes too early for your liking, ask one of our staff member to make a reservation for you at one of the restaurants/terraces which are abundant in Old Montreal. There is also the option of making reservations at our restaurant at a specific time in order to ensure that you will be served at the time that most fit your needs. You can make reservations by calling us in advance or by dropping in at reception.

We hope that your trip to Montreal was everything you were hoping for and we are looking forward to having you again !

Montreal
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A little get-away within the city”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

A relaxing time even during a busy sunny Saturday afternoon. We enjoyed the views of Old-montreal and the port. We had a massage which was very relaxing. A good alternative to escaping your busy life without leaving the city and still enjoying outdoor. A bit expensive but similar to other trendy spas.

Dear « Lisonpompon »,

We tank you for taking the time to review your stay at Bota Bota, spa-sur-l'eau, and we value your feedbacks greatly. I am glad that you felt like your day in our facilities was an escape to your busy city life, as this is exactly our mission at the spa. We want our clients to come in and feel as if they were entering an oasis of peace and relaxation. Do not hesitate to contact us, or visit our website and Facebook page for the latest offers and promotions.

We are looking forward to your next stay at Bota Bota, spa-sur-l'eau.

Indianapolis
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great concept, relaxing massage.”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I had a GREAT massage here. Being on the water is a unique experience, especially while receiving a massage. I was able to relax and start my vacation thanks to this visit.

Dear « TrevorYager»

We thank you to have taken the time to write a review concerning your experience at Bota Bota, spa-sur-l'eau and we look forward to your next stay.

Montreal
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“fabulous but...”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Spent a much needed relaxing day here, found the setting and food excellent, staff very polite, but here are my complaints: did not realize it was a 1/2 price day, so it was crowded (of course, not their fault),however the crow was mostly extremely loud chatty folks who disregarded the two rules: quiet and don't save chairs with your personal belongings. I think they thought they were at a pool bar or something. Often all the seats were covered with towels and it was hard to find a space for two, even though they were all unoccupied, and the pools had such loud conversations going on that many of my fellow relaxers including myself at one point would ask them to be quiet (not a very relaxing conversation to have to initiate!) to no avail. The staff should really be more on top of this and the signage needs to be way better.

I'd try it again, but hope the management really considers the need to be more on top of maintaining the tranquillity!

1 Thank agentalchemy
Dear « agentalchemy»,

I would firstl like to thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Bota Bota, spa-sur-l'eau. It is through our client's feedbacks that we can evolve and improve the customer experience. I understand that you had a good time overall and I am pleased to read that. As for your comment concerning the silence policy not being respected on site, I can assure you that a thorough follow-up with our staff was conduted to ensure that there would be more control and supervision in regards with the noise level on site. I am sure you will notice a radical improvement when it comes to the respect of the silence policy during your next stay in our facilities.

We thank you for your feedbacks and we hope to welcome you again very shortly!